All inclusive resort day at Grand Cayman

KYJY

Are there any all inclusive excusions in Grand Cayman like there are in Cozumel. Like a day at an all inclusive resort.

Look at what your ship offers for their beach excursions and the cost. :eek: Don't waste your money on anything offered by the ship. You can take a cab to one of the less busy public areas and rent a chair and locker for half what the ship will charge you. And you can do it all on your schedule. Go to the G Cayman ports of call board and note the beaches used and enjoyed by other cruisers. THe area where the ship will tender tends to be packed. I think it's nicer to head down the road to a different stretch of beach.

When we were in GC in Feb. we went to Royal Palms on 7 mile beach. Rented chair and umbrella for I believe was $10.00 for the day. We did not have lunch there. We just waited to eat back on the ship. We did bring snacks and did purchase drinks there. There were not alot of people there either. You also do not have to rent chairs if you do not want to. You can just lay your towel out. It is a public beach so you do not have to pay to go in.

All of the beaches are public, and they all have access to bathrooms, food, drink, watersport stuff.....why pay for a resort, when you can do a beach day for the price of a bus and chair rental?

Beaches are public and places with all of these facilities do attract more people, sometimes many more.

But not all sections of beach have bathrooms, watersports, food, or drink. Cemetery beach is one of the better snorkeling sites and has none of those. Smith Cove only has bathrooms. There are other spots without facilities.

There is only one AI resort in Grand Cayman: Beach Club Colony Hotel You might be able to get a day pass there. Contact them directly for more information.

Any other recommendation for an AI beach with snorkeling? We did a boat snorkel tour last time with a vendor at the pier, but was not really that great and at the end spent a lot of time just on the boat. This time we want to hand out at a beach and have all pre paid...no surprises. Any recomendations?

Only ONE choice for AI.

Thanks for the input. The reason I was looking for an AI was because I have been to Grand Cayman on a previous cruise and I have seen Stingray city. I loved it I was glad I saw it but I could go without seeing it again. I know the cost of everything is higher in GC. We ate an appitizer at popular bar and it cost $30.00 I was really looking for a place to relax, eat, and drink for a decent price.

• 1 month later...

Archived