Terminal Access Rio de Janeiro

dces1

I recently read a post that someone utilizing private rather than public transit to the cruise ship terminal. Now I can't find it. Anyway, does anyone have information regarding access to the terminal luggage drop off point for private transportation? Thanks in advance.

I recently read a post that someone utilizing private rather than public transit to the cruise ship terminal. Now I can't find it. Anyway, does anyone have information regarding access to the terminal luggage drop off point for private transportation? Thanks in advance.

By pvt transportation do you mean other than taxis? There are coop taxis which are really nothing more than well maintained radio taxis. Check the Rio forum at http://www.tripadvisor.com for the contact info by searching airport rides/transportation. Your hotel will arrange a ride in one of these coop taxis or for 1/2 price you get the exact same service in a regular cab.

I live here and curiously I have not seen a limo on the streets of Rio. Certainly not a stretch or even a large Lincoln Town Car. That may be because the streets are pretty narrow in many places, but whatever the reason its almost always the blue or white private cabs that service the fancy hotels for airport/pier rides when a regular taxi will not do.

You can google limo service in Rio de Janeiro http://www.google.com/search?q=limo+service+in+rio+de+janeiro&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7HPIC_en

and the companies that pop up appear to have some real limo like cars which may or may not be available for just a ride to the pier (20 minutes from Copacabana without traffic). I can not recommend any of them. Unless you really want to splurge I would suggest you let the hotel concierge get you an upmarket ride to the pier.

Archived