London Hotel question

I am looking for a hotel for 5/30/10 pre-cruise and 6/12/10 post cruise and possibly another day or 2. A few years ago we stayed at the Rubens close to Victoria Station-very convenient for transportation. However, at this time there seems to be nothing available in the category I want. If I recall, there was a Thistle Hotel across the street from the Rubens, but I can't seem to find it. Is it still there, or has it changed? Are there any other hotels within walking distance (with luggage) of the train station that anyone would recommend? I plan to take the train, cruise or otherwise, to Harwich and back after the cruise.

Thanks for any help and advice. (I have read until I'm unable to focus as I had surgery on my eye last week and am unable to read very much due to fatigue.)

A few years ago we stayed at the Rubens close to Victoria Station-very convenient for transportation. However, at this time there seems to be nothing available in the category I want.

What category do you want? I find seven different offerings at the Rubens for your dates, everything from a classic double for £149 to the master suite for £699. (Rates do not include tax.)

If I recall, there was a Thistle Hotel across the street from the Rubens, but I can't seem to find it. Is it still there, or has it changed? Are there any other hotels within walking distance (with luggage) of the train station that anyone would recommend?)

The Thistle you are thinking of is called the Thistle Westminster and is still open but is not comparable with the Rubens.

Theere are lots of hotels within a similar walking distance of Victoria than the Rubens.

The Victoria Park Plaza and Hisperia Victoria are 4 stars both of which are generally thought better than the Thistle.

Cheaper but more than adequate are the Comfort Inn Victoria, B&B Belgravia and Lime Tree Hotel Victoria

What category do you want? I find seven different offerings at the Rubens for your dates, everything from a classic double for £149 to the master suite for £699. (Rates do not include tax.)

We had a twin, didn't need anything larger. It was fine for the night. I work for a school district so like to economize when I can.

There is Grosvenor Thistle right at Victoria Station and very close to Buckingham Palace area. My friend and I are booked in there for before and after the cruise. The reviews about the hotel have been mixed. Hope you find suitable accommodations. Barb

Archived