5X t-shirts in Juneau/Skagway/Ketchikan?

booksherpajen

I'm cruising with my Mom on the NCL Pearl (leaving in a week! Eeeeee!) and my husband's request is that I bring him home a t-shirt. He'll probably get more presents than that :) but this is one he's specially asked for. He is, however, a big guy. Which port (Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan) and which shop is my best bet for finding a 5X basic souvenir Alaska t-shirt for my guy? It needs to be walking distance from the cruise dock. Although I'll be trying my hardest to shop only at locally owned shops, and would prefer that, this is one item I'll make an exception for.

Thanks!

The Tongass Trailing Company is right off the dock in Ketchikan is right near the docks and has a wide variety of clothes for sale. If you go upstairs it has everything you can imagine including a wide collection of firearms and ammo. You can equipt yourself for a back country trip or pick up souvenirs.

I got a waterproof coat for for my wife there after we found out the one she had brought was too small when she was wearing several other layers of clothing. The coat worked for the rest of the Alaskan cruise and we brought it home with us for later use. It was also relatively inexpensive especially given where it was purchased.

I can't guarantee that they have lots of variety of 5X which is a hard size to find even in the states but I suspect they would be a good place to check.

Here is a link to their web site. The store I went to is the one right next to the downtown dock called surprisingly "The Dock Store".

http://www.tongasstrading.com/default.aspx

Have a great next cruise.

I found 3X at the last store on the docks. I can't remember the name of it, but if you are at the front of the Tongass Store at the dock look out the front door and walk to the end of that dock. You may be able to find a 5X in there.

Also, to the last poster, you said "hard size to find even in the states"....Alaska is a state. I'm sure you meant lower 48 states, but the way typed just hit me.:)

I had read the shirts all shrink, so I bought a 3x, a bit large, and guess what...it has NOT shrunk a bit, and yes, there were 4x and 5x on the racks. You won't have any trouble finding them. Wish I had bought a couple more, but I kept trying to be careful with my money, and ended up bringing more home than I expected to, so I am going to go again!!

Archived