gay cruise or not?

happycruisin

Hello all! I've been a member of cruise critic for some time, and I always find folks here to be very helpful. I am a straight married woman with kids who loves cruising. I am partial to Royal Caribbean, but I'm looking for advice for a friend. A woman I work with just broke up with her long time partner (actually, she was the dumpee, not the dumper) and she's looking for something to cheer her up. She'd love to go on a gay cruise, and possibly meet someone, but in my research, I have found that often there aren't a lot of affordable choices. What would her chances of finding like-minded women on a traditional cruise be? As I've said, I have kids, so my choices when cruising are different than that of a single person, gay or straight.

Thanks in advance for any advice I can pass along to her.

You might suggest she join a gay group on one of the regular cruises such as the ones offered by Pied Piper or AquaFest. Their cruises prices are quite reasonable and some of the groups can be in the 100's however there is no guarantee that she will meet a single person and be happy for everafter. She should just go and expect to have a good time enjoying the ports, the commaraderie(sp), and the laughs. Love is seldom where you expect it to be.

If she's looking for romance, a cruise may not be the best place, unless it is a singles cruise, and there will be a lot of people going from the area where she lives. There's no use getting romantically involved with someone who lives thousands of miles away.

Archived