Carnival Fantasy Empress Deck

MickeyG

Hi...this is our first cruise on Carnival's Fantasy (12/28/09 out of Mobile). We managed to secure the last cabin on the empress deck. It is an inside aft cabin #232. Just wondering if anyone has any knowledge of this particular area of the ship or this cabin specifically. Also, is this area of the ship okay for sleeping, as well as having access to the public areas. We have two teens who will be traveling with us. We have two pull down beds for the kids and a split king for my husband and me. Our son is 6'3" so we hope he fits into the pulldown. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!:)

We just returned and were in Upper 215. This is the deck directly under you. Directly above you is the Atlantic Deck and towards the back of the ship on that deck is the Jubilee Dining Room. I can't tell from the deck plan what is directly above you but I'm going to presume some sort of working station. That MIGHT create a problem for you if you are all light sleepers.

While our cabin was UNDER you, we only felt the thrusters twice during the entire trip.

We jumped on a last minute deal once and were given cabin E223. It's in the same general area as yours. We had no problem sleeping at all. The hallway was pretty quiet because of how far back we were and we didn't hear any noise from above or below.

The aft is a great location because the aft elevators are usually not busy at all. It's a quick trip up or down to wherever you want to go. I think you'll be pleased with your cabin location.

There were only two of us, so we didn't use the pulldowns. If he fits on a twin bed though, he should be fine on the bunk. Tell him to watch his head, though!

Have a fun cruise! :)

Hey, thanks so much gumballz & wish84 for your quick responses. Our son will be completing his first half-year of college and we want to make this a nice family trip for our family. Thanks again!!

This is an EXCELLENT spot. You're high up enough you won't be "vibrating" too much in your room, and your location is super convenient in terms of getting to the dining room, the lido deck dining area, the waterslides, and the aft lounge and cigar bar. We have been on the Fantasy quite a few times, and Empress aft is our favorite location. Also, should you choose to use self assist debarkation, you are on the debarkation deck, so you won't have to maneuver any stairs with your luggage when getting to the lobby to disembark.

Thanks Rowan and poobears for the info. I feel much better with the feedback I've received about our ship, deck and cabin. This will be our first cruise in about 5 years and we are looking forward to it. Should be a great way to spend the holidays!

Archived