Liverpool Pier Head ,good news for FOCL.

merecat

LIVERPOOL CRUISE TERMINAL

The Conservative Party shadow home secretary is reported by the Merseyside press to have called on the Department for Transport to relax rules preventing cruise liners from starting and finishing their journeys at the Pier Head.

The DfT has to give its approval before a "turnaround" facility can be provided at the £20m Cruise Liner Terminal because of a £9m grant from the European Union that helped fund it.

Mr Grayling, who also acts as shadow minister for Merseyside, said it was logical and reasonable that ships could start and finish their journeys at the Pier Head.

"I am happy to lend my support to lobby the Department for Transport and talk to my colleague Theresa Villiers [shadow Transport Secretary].

"When you look at the location of the terminal and Liverpool’s heritage, it seems to be entirely logical and reasonable." The DfT’s initial response could be known as early as September.

But Mr Grayling’s intervention raises the prospect that, even if officials at the DfT turn down the council’s current bid, an incoming Tory Government could reverse that decision:)

LIVERPOOL CRUISE TERMINAL

The Conservative Party shadow home secretary is reported by the Merseyside press to have called on the Department for Transport to relax rules preventing cruise liners from starting and finishing their journeys at the Pier Head.

The DfT has to give its approval before a "turnaround" facility can be provided at the £20m Cruise Liner Terminal because of a £9m grant from the European Union that helped fund it.

Mr Grayling, who also acts as shadow minister for Merseyside, said it was logical and reasonable that ships could start and finish their journeys at the Pier Head.

"I am happy to lend my support to lobby the Department for Transport and talk to my colleague Theresa Villiers [shadow Transport Secretary].

"When you look at the location of the terminal and Liverpool’s heritage, it seems to be entirely logical and reasonable." The DfT’s initial response could be known as early as September.

But Mr Grayling’s intervention raises the prospect that, even if officials at the DfT turn down the council’s current bid, an incoming Tory Government could reverse that decision:)

Vote Conservative for a better life all round :D ;)

Archived