I'm Booked: Pearls of the Aegean 21st August

Just booked this morning, looking forward to the cruise and the itinerary.

Pre Cruise resolutions:

1) Do not over pack (again)

2) Set up Cruise/swear box in the house to stop us all talking about it non stop for the next two weeks.

3) Try to lose a bit of weight before I go because I know I will add it on once on board.

:):):):)

Hello John, me and my husband (Martin) will also be on the Celebration on 21st August. We've never cruised with Thomson before and not sure what to expect in terms of food, service etc. But we're really looking forward to going and am now on serious countdown as our tickets arrived last Thursday! :) Definitely time to start packing, LOL.

Where are you flying from?

Hello John, me and my husband (Martin) will also be on the Celebration on 21st August. We've never cruised with Thomson before and not sure what to expect in terms of food, service etc. But we're really looking forward to going and am now on serious countdown as our tickets arrived last Thursday! :) Definitely time to start packing, LOL.

Where are you flying from?

Hi Liz, do not worry about the cruise, the Thomson Celebration is a great ship and the food and service are first class. It's a older ship, and a bit worn at the edges, and not as large as todays modern liners, but its the little touches that make it special. The entertainment is first class and the crew bend over backwards to make your holiday special and their enthusiasm is infectious.

We usually fly from Manchester which is nearest to where we live, but we did not like the flight times so are flying from Leeds which is a extra hour drive.

We only booked today, so are now in "Holiday mode." and looking forward to it.

A couple of questions for you guys if anyone can help:

1)We are due to land at Corfu at 9pm, what time can we expect to be on board?

2) What time does the ship usually sail away on Friday night?

Thanks

We have just booked this cruise, our first on a Thomson ship, flying out from East Midlands. Can't wait, fed up of yet another hot summer predicted by the met office 2 months ago!!!

The ship will sail when the last of the passengers have arrived. A couple of years ago due to thunderstorms ship did'nt leave until 1.30 am because of flight delays. But if everyone is on board sail away should be around 10 pm.

We have just booked this cruise, our first on a Thomson ship, flying out from East Midlands. Can't wait, fed up of yet another hot summer predicted by the met office 2 months ago!!!

The ship will sail when the last of the passengers have arrived. A couple of years ago due to thunderstorms ship didn't leave until 1.30 am because of flight delays. But if everyone is on board sail away should be around 10 pm.

The ship will sail when the last of the passengers have arrived. A couple of years ago due to thunderstorms ship did'nt leave until 1.30 am because of flight delays. But if everyone is on board sail away should be around 10 pm.

Thanks Mickoc, sounds like we will be last on then, we are flying from Leeds and arriving at Corfu at 9pm, so will be on board (hopefully) for the sail away party about 10pm.

Then loads of cocktails, and the dreaded life boat drill in the morning with a bad hangover :eek::eek::eek:

Welcome aboard mickoc!

And don't worry John, we won't let the ship go without you! :)

John, (as a Thomson "veteran"!) do you know how/when we can book Thomson excursions? We usually like to do our own thing, but in Katakokon we fancied going to Kourouta beach (not really bothered by Olympia... I know, we're philistines, LOL) and thought it might be easier to do the ship excursion for what it costs rather than mess about with taxis for just two of us. On other cruises, I know you can book excursions ahead of time, but not sure about Thomson... Would appreciate any info. Thanks!

Welcome aboard mickoc!

And don't worry John, we won't let the ship go without you! :)

John, (as a Thomson "veteran"!) do you know how/when we can book Thomson excursions? We usually like to do our own thing, but in Katakokon we fancied going to Kourouta beach (not really bothered by Olympia... I know, we're philistines, LOL) and thought it might be easier to do the ship excursion for what it costs rather than mess about with taxis for just two of us. On other cruises, I know you can book excursions ahead of time, but not sure about Thomson... Would appreciate any info. Thanks!

Hi Liz,

No, I have never booked a excursion ahead of time, but they will have the usual excursion "showcase" during the day at sea. Also there is a desk onboard that is open most of the day if you want to book something. They also provide maps and advice about the local port if you wish to go alone.

HTH

Found some very good videos today on youtube. Type in thomson celebration and look for stuartmoss who has posted 5/6 videos of his cruise taken last month - clips of the ship and all the places where we we will be stopping. Click on HQ to watch in high quality. The ship didn't stop at Santorini because of stormy seas, which understandably he wasn't pleased about.

Mick

Hi Mick, would you mind posting the link to YouTube - have found plenty of the Celebration but can't see any from stuartmoss or of our itinerary. Don't know what I'm doing wrong! :o

I certainly hope they don't cancel Santorini for us! It was one of the main attractions of this itinerary!

Not long now.... :D

Archived