Yes, another “group amenities” question.

4merlurker

Sorry if this has been asked before….

If friends & family book under the same group but at different times is the group still eligible for the free berth?

I organized a group and some of us booked back in August and some just this past month. We are now at 11 cabins – do we qualify for any amenities?

~Lurker

First and foremost, your travel agent must have booked a "group" cruise. If 11 families just booked the same cruise for the same week, that is not a "group cruise". Seek advise from your TA. If she were holding those cabins and everyone purchased them from your group block, the agent will advise what group perks you are entitled to receive. This is yet another reason a good agent is invaluable.

Bon Voyage

Hi Nanatravel! Yes we are an official group - we all have the same "group booking" number as well as our own individual RCCL booking numbers. i worked long and hard this past Aug. with the TA arranging cabins according to needs etc. At that time my TA advised me that 8+ cabins makes us eligible for amenities. She blocked over a dozen off with RCCL and within days 6 cabins were booked.....now 4 months later 5 more have booked although not in the originally blocked rooms. It seems RCCL took them back since no one else booked within a reasonable time(This I understand and did warn everyone it would happen if they didn't book soon :rolleyes: ). The 5 additional cabins are booked under the same group number but like I said they are not the original cabins held. They are even on a different deck.

Will RCCL still recognize the group as a whole?

Sorry but I am embarressed to ask my TA. :o She does so much for us and really worked her tail off accomodating the needs of the "late" bookers. I feel funny bringing it up. :rolleyes:

~lurker

You have booked that many cabins with your TA and you are reluctant to ask her any more questions? I would say it is time you give her a call and find out everything you want to know. If the late bookers were not part of the original booking, she probably booked them individually and then moved them over to the group. This is a procedure that can always be done but usually there is a price change. It could possibly have remained the same but it could have also gone up. Usually when a cruise line stats recalling cabins held for group space, the price has started to climb due to heavy bookings.

Yes, the late bookers did have to pay a little more (still saved alot) and my TA did have to book them individually and then move them into the group. Will RCCL still recognize the group as a whole? What if the TA booked other cilents under my group. Do they count towards points? OK I know I have to call my TA but I like to be prepared. I really know nothing about all this other than what I've learned on these boards. :o

If ameneties are something I need to "push" for my group than I need as much info as possible.

I have read posts about people having "some" difficulties with their TA's and so far my TA has been wonderful!!! BUT, I'd like to be sure about what our group IS and IS NOT entitled to before I make the call. :o

If I understand correctly: RCCL dictates the points to the TA and then the TA can offer all or a portion to their client. What factors, if any, determine how many points a client is entitled to? How do the new pricing rules affect points?

Thanks for all the help...again I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered before.

~ Lurker

As long as the individual reservations have been moved into the group as you said, then they'll count towards the group.

Rich

Carefree Vacations

Archived