La Paz/Pichilingue

Wanderlust26

I will be in La Paz/Pichilingue in September and I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions or tips on what to do? My preference would be to arrange something on my own and avoid a tour through the ship. Unfortunately, we will only be in port for six hours, so I figure we will have 4 hours tops for an excursion.

Is there a shuttle from Pichilingue to La Paz?

Thank-you!

When we were there, there was a complimentary shuttle to La Paz, and to a beach nearby (Tecolote???? not sure). We had more time in port than you are getting, so we went to the town and to the beach. Just wandered in the town, and enjoyed a beer and the sun, sand and water at the beach.

Be forewarned -- getting back from the beach, we took a taxi, because the bus service was pretty heavily utilized as we got close to all aboard time :)

When we were there, there was a complimentary shuttle to La Paz, and to a beach nearby (Tecolote???? not sure). We had more time in port than you are getting, so we went to the town and to the beach. Just wandered in the town, and enjoyed a beer and the sun, sand and water at the beach.

Be forewarned -- getting back from the beach, we took a taxi, because the bus service was pretty heavily utilized as we got close to all aboard time :)

Wow, that was quick! Thank you so much, that will give me something to go on…

I take it there is a beach nearby then? A beach day would be nice for a change.

There are several beaches in the area. LaPaz/Pichiligue is on Banderas Bay -- lots of opportunities for kayaking and snorkeling, too. WHEN we go back (not "if" :) ) we'll try the kayaking. Google "Bay of Banderas" to get more info, and find some maps.

The beach we went to was lovely, white sand, clear turquoise water -- the nicest of the beaches we saw in Mexico. A number of restaurants with tables and chairs on the beach, and a bit further away from the restaurants several palapas to use free of charge. There were some stingrays -- one kid got "stung" before we got there.

This is one Sea Of Cortes stop that the beach, water pursuits and scenery hunting are better than going to town. This of course is just my opinion, but we found our exploration of La Paz city to be quite pedestrian after Loreto, El Fuerte and PV where the in town exploring generated some great pictures....great souvenirs...great meals....and some exciting exploring!

Were I you I would lean to the beach stuff.

Indeed there were regular shuttles to La paz from the port. I have seen some nice beaches enroute, as we did a shiptour to Todos Santos we havenot been to a beach.

But it isnot on the Bay of Banderas as mentioned (Puerto vallarta is) but in the Sea of Cortez.

I think you you were thinking of Balandra Bay where they have a nice beach and a good place to Kayak not too far from Tecolote beach... Spanky My

Yes, you are correct -- shows how tired I am that someone else knows my thoughts better than I do myself :D Thanks for the help SpankyMy :D

Archived