Formal nights #2

I am traveling on VOS, 10 days, in July. Can any one tell me how many formal nights there will be and which nights are designated as formal?

Thanks!

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;7;16;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Until my next cruise.

Don't know about VOS, but on most ships, the second night at sea is formal as is usually the second to last night. On a 10 day cruise, we usually had one in the middle. Just curious, why would it matter which nights? [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Nancy

Here ya go...Strainght from RCCL website...Amazing what you can find thre lol.

What are the dress codes onboard?
There are three distinct types of evenings onboard: casual, smart casual and formal. Suggested guidelines for these nights are: Casual: Sport shirts and slacks for men, sundresses or pants for women
Smart Casual: Jackets and ties for men, dresses or pantsuits for women
Formal: Suits and ties or tuxedos for men, cocktail dresses for women

3 to 4-night cruises include one formal night and two or three casual nights.
5 - nights include one formal, one smart casual and three casual nights.
7-night cruises include two formal nights, one smart casual night and four casual nights.
10, 11, and 12-night cruises include three formal nights and three smart casual nights, all other nights are casual.
14 and 15-night cruises include three formal nights and four smart casual nights. All other nights are casual.

We appreciate your usual parental guidance and cooperation in observing these easy guidelines with your children.

The reason that I am asking is that we want to make reservations at Portofino's and don't want to do it on a formal night. I also need to know how many so we know what to pack.

I didn't go to the RCCL site as I thought it would be easier to ask on the boards.

Thanks.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;7;16;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Until my next cruise.

Well, I wouldn't do it on the first night - have heard horror stories about one's table already being occupied. And you know now not to do it on the second, or second to last (unless, of course, they change the usual plans). You might want to check the itinerary to see what port or sea nights would be best for you. I agree about not doing it on a formal night, as the food is better in the dining room that night. How about the third night? Nancy

We just got off Navigator which had a Saturday departure. The formal nights for us were Sunday and Wednesday. When you get on board the day 1 Cruise Compass will be in your cabin and that will tell you which nights are formal. We checked this and then went off to Chops to book our table.

We didn't try Portofinos but Chops was awesome.

KruzinKiwi

Last year on NE or now E O Seas, the formal nights were Monday and then Friday. I think that I will be safe with Sunday, Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday. We are leaving on a Friday night so that gives us more options. The first night I will want to meet my table mates. You are right. If we don't show on night one, we may not have a table. Since we are getting to the ship early, I will have time to check this out

Thanks for all of the help.

Until my next cruise.

Archived