Time-Share Cruising? (merged discussion)

There are quite a few programs out there. They range from ResidenceSea to RCI (Resorts Condominium International) and many others. If you knew some details about what exactly the program was, I could give you more info. Just like cruises, cruiselines and cabins, different programs suit different people, but they don't suit everyone.

Residence at sea has one ship called the World. To apply, your net worth must be $5 million. We saw her in Cozumel in February and then saw a hour long show on her on the Travel Channel.

We have owned a timeshare in Daytona for 20 yrs. Since it is Bike Week in March- we have never stayed there. We have traded every year for a place far better than "our condo" . We are booked on FofS sailing from Port Canaveral on 11/8. WE are basically saving about $900 . We had a limited selection & only certain categories but we chose a much classier cruise than we would have otherwise ////so we are very satisfied.

54 days & counting. DJay

A good friend of mine wants to meet with my wife and I to discuss an "amazing" opportunity he and his wife found out about....

He only hinted on the subject matter but it sure has the "feel" of some type of cruise time-share....

IF such a program exists, I've never heard of it.....

Anyone in CC land ever hear of such a thing??? If so, have any of you signed up....what's your opinion of the program??

Thanks......

DW and I were @ one of those "chance of a lifetime" sales meetings last year, and the newest thing has nothing to do with RCI or II (parents had 4 or 5 weeks through RCI, and all of us kids really enjoyed them) Anyway, the newest thing is all based on how many "points" you buy into. We told the sales manager all we do is cruise, and to their credit they said, "then we are not for you, while you can get on cruises with our points, so far what we have to offer is not as good as you can get on your own" and gave us our free gift and sent us on our way.:cool:

We have owned a timehsare for 25yrs and about 5 yrs ago they started offering exchanges for land resorts or cruises, but the additional monies that ask for the cruises is absurd. Not good deal from our viewpoint (at least after hearing the presentation and looking over the "deals" they were touting.

We have owned a timehsare for 25yrs and about 5 yrs ago they started offering exchanges for land resorts or cruises, but the additional monies that ask for the cruises is absurd. Not good deal from our viewpoint (at least after hearing the presentation and looking over the "deals" they were touting.

That is what I thought. In my opinion, there are very few time-shares out there that are worth it, and the extra money to get a cruise, you might as well just skip the time-share and cruise!

There are quite a few programs out there. They range from ResidenceSea to RCI (Resorts Condominium International) and many others. If you knew some details about what exactly the program was, I could give you more info. Just like cruises, cruiselines and cabins, different programs suit different people, but they don't suit everyone.

Residence at sea has one ship called the World. To apply, your net worth must be $5 million. We saw her in Cozumel in February and then saw a hour long show on her on the Travel Channel.

ResidenSea.

http://www.residensea.com/

Archived