Car Rental?

jollycruise

Hello All!

We will be visiting St. Kitts on our next cruise and we do not like the group tours and like to strike out on our own whenever possible. Does anyone have car rental experience at St. Kitts? I'm in the early stages of researching and any info would be great!

Thanks,

JollyCruise

We discovered St. Kitts in January while on a cruise and fell in love with it. We're going back the 16th of this month for a week -- the only rental car companies we could even find were Avis (off site) and Hertz (airport). Our best rate quote was through AAA with Hertz right at the airport.

We discovered St. Kitts in January while on a cruise and fell in love with it. We're going back the 16th of this month for a week -- the only rental car companies we could even find were Avis (off site) and Hertz (airport). Our best rate quote was through AAA with Hertz right at the airport.

Thanks for the info! Enjoy your time there, I can't wait to go :D

I highly recommend Bulls Eye Car Rentals. I have used them before and their service was excellent. I loved their Mustang convertible. :D

:D Thanks! I could "deal" with a convertible ;).

Since you have used them before and have been there before...any must see places to visit? Do you know a great place to eat Lunch?

Thanks,

JollyCrusie

I live in St. Kitts..... :)

Must see places include:

Brimstone Hill Fortress

Romney Manor/Caribelle Batik

Cockleshell Beach

Ottley's Plantation

For lunch I recommend Stonewalls Restaurant located on Princes Street in Basseterre, the capital. If you want to eat on the beach, you should try the new Spice Mill Restaurant. www.spicemillrestaurant.com

Wow! Thanks so much for all that info! I will plan our day there around all the great info you have shared :D

• 4 months later...

We just returned from a cruise which stopped at St. Kitts where we rented a car from Avis.

If I had to do it over again, I would have hired a taxi for the day.

IMOH, the roads are not in very good condition (compared to the U.S.) and traffic was heavy on the day we were there. I had difficulty adjusting to driving on the "wrong" side of the road and tended to stay too far to the left where the roads are in worse shape. Everyone seems to drive close to the middle of the road where they are in better condition and when another vehicle approaches, often it becomes a game of "chicken".

Speaking of chickens....keep your eye out for chickens, goats, Rasta Men, wild pigs and monkeys crossing the road. It's an experience, but one I would have rather experienced having someone else doing the driving.

Archived