Car Rental?

jollycruise

Hello All!

We will be in Barbados on our next cruise and we like to rent a car whenever possible. We are not fond of group tours. Does anyone have information on car rentals here? I'm in the early stages of researching and any info would be appreciated :D

Thanks,

JollyCruise

There are many local companies to rent cars from. You can find them on most of the Barbados tourist web sites-some were mentioned in another thread. Keep in mind that the cars are right-hand drive and use the opposite side of the road-European style. Also, for me, dealing wth contracts and paper work can take away from the relaxation of the vacation.

Why not look into getting a driver, using cabs, or buses.

There are many local companies to rent cars from. You can find them on most of the Barbados tourist web sites-some were mentioned in another thread. Keep in mind that the cars are right-hand drive and use the opposite side of the road-European style. Also, for me, dealing wth contracts and paper work can take away from the relaxation of the vacation.

Why not look into getting a driver, using cabs, or buses.

It's good to hear that there are many local companies to rent from, thanks for that info. Driving Euro style is no problem, husband loves that kind of stuff and he's done it before. As far as contracts and paperwork we have yet to have an issue with that and we love to go on our own that's why we stay away from buses, cabs and hiring a driver. Thanks again for the info, I will check out the Barbados websites.

Archived