Veragua Rain Forest details

celticd1

Trying to decide which excursion to take in Costa Rica. The Veragua Rain Forest seems like the type of excursion we are looking for with one exception...the "sky-glider gondola" things that are mentioned as part of the rainforest tour. There is no way I can ride one of these. If you have been there do you know if you must ride them? Any details would be appreciated.

Thanks! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've done the Veragua rain forest tour three or four times and it is in my opinion one of the best tours from Puerto Limon. The tram is mainly used to take people down a steep grade to see a fantastic waterfall or walk along the "trail of the giants" where you see a lot of large, old growth trees. You can certainly get a lot out of the Veragua experience without taking the tram down, but . . . each tram holds 8 people and a guide, and I have usually seen some animals on the trip down . . . it doesn't take long, doesn't sway, etc., so you might decide you want to do it, but even if you don't . . . it will be a great trip.

I've posted pics at http://richarddetrich.wordpress.com/2009/02/09/veragua-rain-forest-costa-rica/

Regards, Richard

Archived