Disembarking in Venice - enough time?

Kipling

Hi

We need to catch a train to Milan by about 8 am on the morning we disembark in Venice from Westerdam.

Normally I would not expect to be able to do this but the ship docks in Venice the day before (so no chance of a delayed arrival) and the itinerary says "5 am" in the "arrival" column on the day of disembarkation Thats obviously not the arrival time and I was wondering if in Venice one is able to disembark at that early hour? Something to do with early flights perhaps?

Can anyone throw any light on this?

Many thanks

If you have the day before, or at least the afternoon, you can make your way to P. Roma, walk across the new bridge and check on your train to Milan. I would make certain that the time is for the Venice station, not the station on the mainland. Considering the time, you may also want to exactly determine the location of the train/track and be comfortable about the process. You may also want to arrange a taxi before your cruise or before or after your visit to the train station. How many suitcases will each of you take? Hopefully only one each plus an attachable carry-on. Considering that you are going off to Milan, I'll assume that you have visited Venice before -- otherrwise I'd consider that you actually will not have any time to enjoy the options that wait for you there.

My best,

David

Thanks for that David.

Its fortunate we have the previous day to suss it out, including which station will be easiest to get to, and we might try self disembarkation to speed things up. I am still wondering if the "5 am" on the itinerary has any significance. It must mean something, surely.

And yes we've been to Venice before, otherwise would not treat it with such distain!

Cheers

Michael

Archived