Which stroller for 6 month old?

beejayeak

We are leaving in a week with our almost 6 month son for Orlando (Disney World) followed by a cruise (He will be 6 months by sail date).

The question? Which stroller to bring!

Travel System (Evenflo Journey Elite):

Pros: His car seat clips into it, so it is one less thing to carry through the airport/hotel/cruise

Bigger basket to carry stuff in.

Cons:

Bulkier/bigger/takes up more room

Maclaren Umbrella Stroller:

Pros: lightweight

smaller / less bulky

Cons: Have to carry car seat separately

Not a lot of room to hold extra stuff (such as his diaper bag, which can go across the handles on the back but isn't the most ideal as this causes the stroller to tilt when DS is not in it.)

Other thoughts/considerations:

Both strollers have the same recline and are comfortable for him for all day use (we've been alternating stroller use this summer to test this)

Restaurants:

At this point, our son can not use restaurant high chairs because he can't sit up on his own - and although he is close, we can't count on it for the vacation. What to do in restaurants? At home, we bring him in his car seat - much easier to do with the travel system - however, he really is too big to go around the parks all day in his car seat, but this point maybe helpful on the cruise. As far as I understand, strollers are not allowed inside restaurants at WDW - so I guess he'll mostly be sitting on our laps - same with the cruise? (other thoughts?)

So any advice/thoughts/additional points would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You!

I would say bring the larger one if you can. It will be helpful to snap in the car seat and the basket is bigger so you can carry more bags in it and drape more over the handles. You may want to pick up one of those padded shopping cart/high chair covers. My son is 7 months and when he was just learning to sit up alone that provided enough cushion and support to use the wooden restaurant highchairs. Otherwise just use the car seat. We were just at Downtown Disney this past weekend and we brought our stroller in to the restaurants but at the park we had to leave it outdoors although there were many outside tables you could choose to sit with a stroller.

We are leaving in a week with our almost 6 month son for Orlando (Disney World) followed by a cruise (He will be 6 months by sail date).

The question? Which stroller to bring!

Travel System (Evenflo Journey Elite):

Pros: His car seat clips into it, so it is one less thing to carry through the airport/hotel/cruise

Bigger basket to carry stuff in.

Cons:

Bulkier/bigger/takes up more room

Maclaren Umbrella Stroller:

Pros: lightweight

smaller / less bulky

Cons: Have to carry car seat separately

Not a lot of room to hold extra stuff (such as his diaper bag, which can go across the handles on the back but isn't the most ideal as this causes the stroller to tilt when DS is not in it.)

Other thoughts/considerations:

Both strollers have the same recline and are comfortable for him for all day use (we've been alternating stroller use this summer to test this)

Restaurants:

At this point, our son can not use restaurant high chairs because he can't sit up on his own - and although he is close, we can't count on it for the vacation. What to do in restaurants? At home, we bring him in his car seat - much easier to do with the travel system - however, he really is too big to go around the parks all day in his car seat, but this point maybe helpful on the cruise. As far as I understand, strollers are not allowed inside restaurants at WDW - so I guess he'll mostly be sitting on our laps - same with the cruise? (other thoughts?)

So any advice/thoughts/additional points would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You!

We ARE bringing our Phil & Ted's double stroller on our next cruise coming up. I am almost sure that we will not be able to pass the room stewards carts in the hall way on the ship but we have two kids under 3 and are not going to chance a tantrum from a tired toddler when he wants ride in the stroller but the baby is already there.

We will either purposefully go down the hall without the cart or be sure to keep it folded till we pass and then open it. (we are all the way aft so we will have a choice of which hall to walk down)

It's going to be an "OMG here they come with that stroller again" type of situation but...... I may eat my words and admit that it wasnt worth it. but I would rather do that than be on vacation and have to 'deal'.

For this cruise, and the learning experience that goes with it, we are choosing to play it safe and be comfortable.

Archived