Which boat for Feb. Southern Carribb. cruise for couples / less kids?

Ocruise

Hi all. We are still planning our Souther carribbean vacation. I am a teacher & can only take off certain weeks. We were now thinking of a Southern carrib. cruise from San Juan in Febuary 18 (the week when my district is off). Here are my options:

Either the Celebrity Constellation, RCCL, Adventure of the Seas , RCCL, Serenade of the Seas, or Golden Princess.

I have read some reviews of the AOS suring the February break when a lot of schools are out & several reviews said the boat was overwhelmed with kids - something we would like to avoid. Which boat do you think would be better for couples who want to avoid a ship teeming with kids. I know any ship that week will have kids on it, but I would like to avoid a situation like I read on some Feb. break reviews.

Any advice would be appreciated,
Marina

We just booked the Constellation for Feb. school vacation. I too work in school and can only take that week. We have none of our own children with us. This will be our third cruise for Feb. vacation, second with Celebrity and once with RCCL on Grandeur of the Seas. We found that the Celebrity cruise, two years ago, was muc better in the "kids" department. There were less of them, more well behaved. This past February we went on the Grandeur. I couldn't get near the pool at all, nor the jacuzzis. The pool deck was overrun with children. I have to say that I am VERY tolerant of children, having raised two ourselves and working with little ones. But this was a bit much for me. If I remember correctly, Celebrity didn't allow children in the jacuzzis while on RCCL no one cared (not even the parents). So that would be my recommendation. We are very excited- we just booked yesterday! We also got to use our frequent flyer miles, which makes it even nicer!
Julie

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2005;2;19;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Until the Constellation!

Archived