"Best of Ketchikan by Land and Sea"

Lml513

We will be on the Sapphire Princess 8/15. One of the shore excursions we are interested in is called "Best of Ketchikan by Land and Sea" The shore excursion book indicates "numerous stairs". Does anyone know how arduous this shore excursion is? My wife can walk stairs, but needs a railing.

We will be on the Sapphire Princess 8/15. One of the shore excursions we are interested in is called "Best of Ketchikan by Land and Sea" The shore excursion book indicates "numerous stairs". Does anyone know how arduous this shore excursion is? My wife can walk stairs, but needs a railing.

Is that the one that stops at the cannery?

you do have some slight undulating walk for about 150 metres from where the bus drops you off to the cannery - easy. however there was no railing. Does she have a walking stick perhaps.

Some level walk around the cannery all level.

Then there is steps leading from the cannery to the boat, not that many.

You may also walk abit (entirely up to you) near the totem poles at Saxman village. not mandatory.

If anything you may find the walk from the bus dropping you off to the cannery the most arduous. However I have forgotton if there were buggies that could take you from the drop off to the cannery. perhaps someone can ellaborate it was a couple of years ago since I did this tour.

I hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise, one of the best trips in my entire life.

Archived