Southampton Boat Show Sept 09

Hi, just making plans for our cruise on Indy from 12th Sept :D - gosh I'm sooo excited. Not sure how many can help me on this one, but I'm a little worried. Never been to Southampton before and understand the Boat Show is due to start the day before we sail. Does anyone know if this causes problems with traffic congestion as you approach the docks or surrounding roads or are passengers directed to avoid traffic queues? Thank you. Kaz, Manchester, UK

Hi

It certainly does cause chaos, because the road to that end of the docks goes right past the show, but if you allow good time you should be ok.

i hadn't realised the show was that weekend, that means i have to allow extra time:mad:

i think you can board about 11 am so getting to the docks about 10 ish shouldn't be to much hassle, i will allow an hour extra.

Al

Hi

It certainly does cause chaos, because the road to that end of the docks goes right past the show, but if you allow good time you should be ok.

i hadn't realised the show was that weekend, that means i have to allow extra time:mad:

i think you can board about 11 am so getting to the docks about 10 ish shouldn't be to much hassle, i will allow an hour extra.

Al

Hi, thanks for your reply, we are staying in Alton (about 30 miles away) the night before, any tips or insider information (seeing as you are from Southampton) for making our way to Southampton to avoid as much of the Boat Show Traffic as possible (I appreciate that the nearer we get the worse it will get). Google maps gives us A31, M3, M27 and then A3024 Thanks Kaz

Hi Kaz

the easiest way would be A31-M3-M27 west to J3 M271, follow to the end, only 1mile, then take first exit towards southampton, follow three lane road towards docks, trend right towards west quay and Ikea, go past Ikea to next roundabout take third exit towards the ship.

There are electronic signs for each ship that is in port, which might point us as above or, as it's the boat show might take us right, into the docks at the big set of traffic lights by the novatel hotel.

Alan

Hello Kazzykins and Kenny 11

Please join our Roll Call for this cruise and register for the Meet and Mingle

so we can have a chat before and during the cruise.

There are a number of first timers signed up so a common thread for disscusion.

Look forward to meeting you all

Keith

Archived