Excursions

I checked my booking today and excursions are now available but there are very few. Each port only has about 2/3 the number that you get if you check the generic excursion list from the main page. Is it a seasonal thing because of it being January or are there going to be more showing up. The list does not seem anywhere near adequate for 14,420 guests at St. Thomas (31 of 57 excursions listed), 11,902 guests at St. Martin (34 of 49 excursions listed), 11,970 guests at Nassau (12 of 33 excursions listed) and while not as big a deal 23,491 guests at Ft. Lauderdale (7 of 7 excursions listed). It sounded like they were planning on creating excursions exclusively for the Oasis but it does not seem as though that has happened yet.

Why no Atlantis excursion?

Maybe the late arrival, I don't know. That along with the simply low number have me a little cautious of booking an excursion right away. Does anyone know the policy on canceling if they were to announce a ton more next week?

Maybe the late arrival, I don't know. That along with the simply low number have me a little cautious of booking an excursion right away. Does anyone know the policy on canceling if they were to announce a ton more next week?

I do know that you can cancel with full refund to your credit card up to 4 days before sailing, and that a cancellation up to 24 hours before the excursion can be credited to your seapass account. I learned this from my TA and it was confirmed on the royalcaribbean.com website. Cancellation policies are spelled out in the stuff you have to read before clicking the online, okay to purchase button as well.

They probably have not worked out all the contracts with a lot of companies they use. This is why you are seeing a small number of excursions available. They also have to test out any new tours they might use. I remember on my Southern Caribbean cruise last March it took a long time for all the excursions to come up. Granted we had 6 ports on that cruise, but we were told they were in the process of renewing contracts with different companies. I imagine a lot more will show up soon.

Well I broke the ice and booked an excursion. In St Thomas, there is a new excursion available via Cat to reach the island of Jost Van Dyke which is part of the BVI. Sounded like a smooth and cool excursion so we went for it.

I am hoping that Atlantis excursions become available

Cheers:D

Can you tell me is it better to book excursions before your cruise or wait until the day you want to go?I dont no the policy on refunds if you book ahead of time and its bad weather that day.Will you be refunded? Thanks,

The following is the policy from RC:

Refunds and Cancellations

No refunds are made for failure to use all of the described services included in the excursion price. Cancellations by guests must be made prior to the closing deadline advised directly onboard the ship or during your Alaska Cruisetour. Under no circumstances will refunds be made after an excursion has commenced. Remember, you may change or cancel your Shore Excursions on this website up to ten days

prior to your cruise start date. You may change or cancel your Land Excursions on this website up to ten days prior to your Alaska Cruisetour start date.

You can book while on board however you have a risk of not getting the excursion you would like as it is full and if I remember correctly, the cutoff for some excursions is the evening before.

I generally prebooked those that I am sure I want and for the rest I take a chance either once I am on board or decide to try to get a excursion privately on the island (ie.a taxi/tour guide)

If the weather is bad, RC is will cancel an excursion and will refund your seaboard account. We had it happen to us when in Grand Cayman when the seas were too rough for the swimming with the sting rays excursion.

Well I broke the ice and booked an excursion. In St Thomas, there is a new excursion available via Cat to reach the island of Jost Van Dyke which is part of the BVI. Sounded like a smooth and cool excursion so we went for it.

I am hoping that Atlantis excursions become available

Cheers:D

I just booked the Jost Van Dyke excursion as well. I'm not sure what made it more intriguing, the island or the Oasis exclusive disclaimer. Hopefully it's good as there is currently no information as it is not yet running. We're still waiting on the other islands though, especially Nassau as nothing looks good there yet.

I just booked the Jost Van Dyke excursion as well. I'm not sure what made it more intriguing, the island or the Oasis exclusive disclaimer. Hopefully it's good as there is currently no information as it is not yet running. We're still waiting on the other islands though, especially Nassau as nothing looks good there yet.

Regarding Nassau, I hear ya! We weren't entirely sure we would even get off the ship since we're there from 1-7pm, but are now leaning toward a 2-3 hour excursion. Nothing really good that I have noticed, but leaning toward Yellowbird to combine a cat ride and island beach time. Of course, we may not even make it to Nassau if the dredging is incomplete!

Regarding Nassau, I hear ya! We weren't entirely sure we would even get off the ship since we're there from 1-7pm, but are now leaning toward a 2-3 hour excursion. Nothing really good that I have noticed, but leaning toward Yellowbird to combine a cat ride and island beach time. Of course, we may not even make it to Nassau if the dredging is incomplete!

We have early seating so we have to be at the ship at 4:30 to start showering. The last night is when we give out all the vouchers, take pictures, and say good bye to out wait staff so it can't be skipped. When you combine that with arriving at 1PM, Nassau is really rushed. We've looked at a few short excursions but I think we are going to just go on our own and maybe do a carriage ride.

Great choice ;) for an excursion. For us, it sounded like a great new little island to visit and so laid back. Getting a Painkiller drink from Soggy Dollars sounds it will top off the adventure.

For Nassau, I am still hoping that the Atlantis excursions become available

I know if you book an excursion with RCI then they charge your cc before sailing. However, I'm not sure if they charge you at the time you reserve the excursion? Or do they wait till the final payment date?

I know if you book an excursion with RCI then they charge your cc before sailing. However, I'm not sure if they charge you at the time you reserve the excursion? Or do they wait till the final payment date?

They charge you when you book it.

If you cancel in advance of 4 days prior to your sail date, they will credit your charge card. Cancellations after that deadline and in advance of 24 hours before the excursion will be credited to your on board account.

Archived