Grand Cayman-Native Way tour-Ray, Coral Gardens, and Starfish

beachgirl1987

I've read some really good reviews giving Native Way great marks. I was thinking of the Rays, Reef, and Rum Punch Beach tour, but it's 5 hours long and may be too much for my gang. Has anyone done the Rays, Coral Gardens and Star fish tour? Rays, reef, and rum is 5 hours long and the Rays, Coral and starfish is three hours. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

I have done both. I def recommend the RRR tour if you can swing it. Rum point is so awesome plus lunch included saves you a lot of dough. We just did the shorter Starfish croal gardens and rays this feb and enjoyed it very much as well. If your kids can swim decent I say go for it.

Our family of 5 plus my sister scheduled the Rays, Reefs and Rum Point well in advance of our July 5 cruise on the Valor. When we met a wonderful couple on the ship they tagged along with us on the tour. When we arrived in GC a Nativeway guide was waiting for us and we asked if our friends could join us. No problem!

I choose this tour that included lunch because I didn't want to get into the old "where are we going to eat" discussion when we returned to the port. (a group of 6 you know)

there were 10 of us total on our tour. Yes, that's right, 10. Capt. Soloman and his crew were AWESOME. They really went out of their way to entertain our three kids (16,14,12) and to make sure the "new to snorkeling" gal had a great time. We were the frist boat to the Rays and the kids had a blast. Seemed like hundreds of rays come around them. When our friends saw the other boats arriving with up to 50 people on them, they couldn't believe it. We had a great time. At one point Capt. Soloman stopped the boat and a crew member jumped off the top of the boat. He came aboard carring a huge star fish! Everyone held it for photos while the crew kept pouring water on it's belly to keep it alive! It was so awesome! The kids were crazy for our crew.

Lunch was wonderful and the ride back was nice. Took us through some canals to see the swimming Iguanas.

I would recommend this company to everyone. It was truly an outstanding day.

We did the RRR tour with NativeWay April 2008. Awesome tour! NativeWay does a great job, Capt. Chris was great! Loved both the snorkeling and the rays. And if you like good food, then this is for you! When you are coming in to Rum Point, Capt. Chris pulls out a menu for you to order your choice of lunch. So when you walk off the pier your lunch is waiting for you on picnic tables right at the end of the pier. Can't get better than that kind of service anywhere! We had Mahi Mahi with a curry sauce and rice, special for that day. It was absolutely delicious! The island was relaxing, a good place to unwind before going back to the ship. We were returned in time to get right on the tender and back to the ship. Really no extra time to shop with this excursion, but I was totally pleased. :)

Archived