Condo rental in San Juan

miss meow

We are going on Adventure of the Seas 4/11/10, but will be arriving in SJ on 04/08/10 so that we have some goofing around time prior to the cruise - also spending one additional night after the cruise before heading home. Considering renting a condo, but there are many out there on different sites, and so far, haven't been able to get a response out of any that I've contacted. We would like to stay on or VERY near the beach - - does anyone have experience with condo rental, or recommendations on a condo. There will be only myself and my husband.

OR.....would we be better off going thru Hotwire or Priceline and getting a hotel?

Thanks for any help!!!:eek:

• 1 month later...
We are going on Adventure of the Seas 4/11/10, but will be arriving in SJ on 04/08/10 so that we have some goofing around time prior to the cruise - also spending one additional night after the cruise before heading home. Considering renting a condo, but there are many out there on different sites, and so far, haven't been able to get a response out of any that I've contacted. We would like to stay on or VERY near the beach - - does anyone have experience with condo rental, or recommendations on a condo. There will be only myself and my husband.

OR.....would we be better off going thru Hotwire or Priceline and getting a hotel?

Thanks for any help!!!:eek:

Hi there! My husband and I will be on AOS in October, I can't wait.

I was in Puerto Rico a few weeks ago with a group of 6, and rented a condo. If you check out vrbo dot com (they don't like us posting full web addresses here), you should be able to find what you are looking for. Most condos in the area seem to cater to groups of 4 or more. I rented a condo in Isla Verde, beachfront, that had 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. Perfect for a group, but I wouldn't recommend for just couples. In searching the vrbo site, I did see a couple places that had room for two.

I would recommend that, for the price, you just go with a hotel. Since you want to be on the beach, check out hotels in Isla Verde. Isla Verde is about 10 minutes from the airport, so when we landed, were were on the beach within 30 minutes of arriving in Puerto Rico- heaven! The beach is very nice there, and you can take a taxi (15 min ride) to Old San Juan if you want to tour the area and visit El Morro Fort (highly recommended).

The Intercontinental, the Ritz, and the El San Juan by Waldorf Astoria would be my top choices for a beachfront stay with just me and the hubby. ;)We're staying at the Ritz the night before our cruise.

Have fun!:)

I am renting a studio in Ashford Imperial for Jan & Feb. That is a very nice building,

has a small fitness center, nice pool, security, across from Marriott. If you are

interested, I will give you a number where I can be reached. I rent from the owner

and he is very reliable. Just post a reply.

If you hop over to TripAdvisor's site, you can see a list of "by-owner" vacation rentals with reviews by TA members. Maybe you'll find something there that you like and you can try contacting the owner through those listings ... http://www.tripadvisor.com/VacationRentals-g147319-Reviews-Puerto_Rico-Vacation_Rentals.html

Archived