Birthday Cake

kathyemma

How is the birthday cake? I always order one for my dd's birthday and it seems to go to waste. Do you think the waiters would put a birthday candle in their warm chocolate cake and sing - or do I have to pay for a cake in order for them to sing? Or do you think I can order chocolate covered strawberries - those are her favorite!!! I know I can have those delivered to the room - but will they deliver them for dinner?

TIA

Kathy

We typically sail in January because my wife's birthday is at the end of January. When I book through my PVP I tell them we are celebrating her birthday. They put this in the system. On the Glory this year our wait staff brought out a piece of cake that had a chocolate ship on top. There was also a candle. The wait staff sang to my wife. So just one piece of cake and no waste. My wife always gets a kick out of the attention.

yes, yes and yes! We enjoyed the cake a couple weeks ago on the Glory. We ordered it at the Formalities Shop. It was $9.95 and fed 10. We had it delivered to our table before desert and the waiters sang "Happy Graduation" to our daughter! You can order strawberries also and have them delivered to your table or buy them at Creams Coffee Shop. I'm sure that the waiters would put a candle in the warm chocolate cake also. Just ask.

Steve

You don't have to buy a whole cake. When we were on the Glory in May, there was a group of 6 people at the table next to us. Every night at dinner, the waiters brought them a dessert off the menu with a candle in it and sang "happy birthday," or "happy anniversary" to someone at that table. LOL!

One evening, they were served a special Hawaiian meal that they had requested the day before. It was served family style in very beautiful serving dishes. :)

We celebrated my DD's 20th birthday last August on the Splendor. She does not care for cake, so I went to the "Formalities" shop a couple of days ahead of time and ordered the chocolate covered strawberries which were delivered to our table in the MDR on her birthday. I think I ordered a dozen, and I don't remember exactly, but I think they were about $18 or something like that. I was very surprised at how inexpensive they were. And they were fabulous! We all enjoyed them, especially WITH the chocolate melting cake! Also, our waiter brought her one slice of some kind of cake with a candle in it (just so we had the candle thing), and they sang happy birthday to her. All in all, a very special evening for my daughter.

One evening, they were served a special Hawaiian meal that they had requested the day before. It was served family style in very beautiful serving dishes. :)

I have never heard of that, how interesting. Does anyone know about it? I would love to do it. :D

I have never heard of that, how interesting. Does anyone know about it? I would love to do it. :D

All you have to do is ask. They make special meal accommodations all the time for people on special diets and with specific allergies, so why not? The only caveats would be that you would have to request it in advance, the chefs must know what the dish is, how to make it, and have all the ingredients for it.

The worst that can happen is they tell you "no."

Archived