Upgrading after final payment?

I paid the remainder of my October Navigator cruise off last week. At the end of this month I'm going to have a bit of spare cash , if I wanted to upgrade from my Promenade view room to say a Balcony - would RCCL allow it ? Presumably I'll have my cruise documents by then?

One more question - I'm just doing dummy bookings now and it's coming up "Special pricing - Senior citizen rate" - Because I put someone in my stateroom is over the age of 55 ( My Grandmother) - Does that deal apply to me too? Or just her? I don't quite understand it..

Thanks for any replies.

usually RCI will allow you to pay for an upgrade, even after final payment, as long as the price you are seeing is not one of the "Tuesday specials", but even if it is, you can always try. The senior discount applies to everyone in the cabin.

Rita

Thank you very much for your quick reply. I'll give them a call when I have the money in my bank. There was a suite on sale that is £2800 for 2 adults.. But with the senior discount it makes it £1800! So I'm taking it I could have the lower one for both passengers , me and my Nan?

Thanks again.

Thank you very much for your quick reply. I'll give them a call when I have the money in my bank. There was a suite on sale that is £2800 for 2 adults.. But with the senior discount it makes it £1800! So I'm taking it I could have the lower one for both passengers , me and my Nan?

Thanks again.

Enjoy your upgrade.We went from an inside to a balcony after final payment when we saw a great senior deal.Only 1 in the room has to be a senior.We got new tags at the pier.The Captain and his DW hope you have a fantastic cruise

:cj

Enjoy your upgrade.We went from an inside to a balcony after final payment when we saw a great senior deal.Only 1 in the room has to be a senior.We got new tags at the pier.The Captain and his DW hope you have a fantastic cruise

:cj

Thank you very much for your post. Starting to get really excited now. :D

Not only did we take an upgrade, we also got a price reduction for our Western Med trip in June. Final payment had been made for an Ocean View cabin, prices went down so I asked my TA to see if I could get the price reduction...............$1100 reduction and we got a balcony, otherwise it would have been a $1300 decrease.

Thanks for the posts. Just rang them up to confirm. Just £295 extra for a balcony. I asked her many there was left for this sailing and it's 30+.. She told me to keep ringing up even until the week before we go as they will go cheaper. Seeing as the balcony's so cheap might look into a JS! Just gotta wait 3 weeks for the dosh now and control my excitement.

Archived