Funship Freddie dolls

2preschoolers

I've read more than once on here to be sure to get "Funship Freddy" dolls for younger kids. I'm trying to figure out WHY. :D

Well I am not sure how to explain this but I will try to do my best.

1. Our two boys (now 5 and 7) really enjoy theirs and were absolutely thrilled when we got them

2. They really enjoyed their time with the full sized mascot on the ship in their camp carnival activities and I think that might be one reason they like them, "it is like they are carrying around their life sized buddy in small form"

3. It gives us a tool at the dinner table.

4. It was only $9.95 each and from our experience brought at least that much return in smiles and joy for them.

I would recommend purchasing them prior to the cruise and making sure that they are delivered to the cabin before you arrive or at least by the time that the dinner turn down happens. It is really hard to explain the excitement our boy showed when they saw them.

THANKS! My girls LOVE stuffed "animals" so hopefully they'll enjoy Funship Freddy as well. I'm sure the life-size one will freak my 2 yr old out - she is afraid of Chuck E Cheese and the "cow" at Chick fil A. ;) But maybe having the little toy of her own will make it a better experience for her.

So what did you mean a "tool" at dinner? And you also mentioned to have it before dinner turn down? What's that mean? Does something special happen at dinnerw with Funship Freddy dolls?

Thanks again!

Yes order it online. Either it will be in your room when you arrive on the ship or it will be put in your room while you are at dinner (which is usually the time that they come in and turn down the covers, and clean the room one more time.

As a tool at dinner:

1. If you cant behave then Funship Freddie doll will have to stay in the room during dinner tonight. Didn't you want to eat dinner tonight with your funship freddie?"

2. "so funship freddie what did you want to order off the menu? oh...uh huh...really...well I think the chicken strips are a great idea what do you think _____insert childs Name here______?"

I am sure you can think up some more too.

It would be good to get the doll though before trying to take photos with your youngest and the real funship freddie. Then you can roll play and take pictures with her and the doll to get her used to taking pictures with the big funship freddy. You may want to have her take the doll with her when she actually meets funship freddy face to face, it might help ease her into it.

I don't have children of my own yet, but this thread is cracking me up! :D

I have a 5 y/o step daugther and a 6 y/o brother who will be sailing togehter for the first time in November.

I think I'll have a couple of Fun Ship Freddies delivered to their rooms.

Heck, I might even get one for myself!!!

:D So I showed the kids (2 and 3) a picture of Funship Freddy and some video on YouTube. DH's first response was "He's SCARY looking!" LOL DD2's jaw just dropped and her eyes got wide like saucers. Yet, when she woke up this morning she asked to see "funship Freddy" again. DD3 said he looked "silly b/c his head looks like a Y" and she told me she wanted to LOOK at him but didn't want to touch him. haha Kids are funny.

Yes as an adult he does look a bit unusual.

So 2Preschoolers: Funship Freddie on you tube, great idea.

Here is a link I found to a camp carnival activity list

http://www.bookccl.com/irman/bookccl/shipboard_knowledge/CapersForAges2_5.pdf

There is also a book available on the ship that tells the story of how funship freddie came to be. We won one during the orientation for our older son. It kind of explains how he came to be the smoke stack on the carnival ships. (hence the Y shape) so pointing out the smoke stack and explaining that it is funship freddy at the top of the ship and he helps the ship to go might also help. You can also find the dolls on ebay to see what they look like but I would recommend getting them on the ship for hygenic reasons. LOL

I think maybe a pair of well-placed eyelids might help out. I think it's the big bug eyes, for me, more than anything that looks "off", LOL. He looks like someone is goosing him all the time.

LOL! For me, it's the sinister dark thick eyebrows and the ginormous mouth.

My kids are 6 and 9 and I don't know if FF will hold the same "magic". In fact, I can't decide if he's funny looking or creepy looking, LOL.

Your 9 year old might appreciate the Carnival Towel Creations Book more than a funship freddy. I would recommend taking some additional accessories so that they can decorate the towel creations that are made by the crew. Have them collect them each night and put them in the window or lined up on the vanity. Accessories could be (sunglasses, stings of beads, stickers, etc...) and dont be surprised to see the cabin crew participating in it too, they might take the accessories and adapt them to their own creations.

I think maybe a pair of well-placed eyelids might help out. I think it's the big bug eyes, for me, more than anything that looks "off", LOL. He looks like someone is goosing him all the time.

LOL! For me, it's the sinister dark thick eyebrows and the ginormous mouth.

I think ALL of the above! :eek: I hope he isn't wandering around the ship TOO much cuz if so my girls might go into HIDING! Me, too for that matter! haha

Scubareader - thanks for the list of CC activities! I will bookmark that one for SURE!!!! ;)

Archived