Camp Carnival "Family" activities

2preschoolers

I've read there are some "family" activities (like party's, dances, ice cream eating contest, etc) on Carnival. If you are traveling with other family members (who don't have little kids) are they also open to participate in these things? (Like the "family party", etc) I hate to exclude our inlaws but also don't want the kids to miss out on something fun! Oh my girls would be in the 2-5 group, FYI.

Thanks!

Yes, anyone can go to the "family activities". We always bring grandparents along with us to the activities. DD has a blast at them and I think they have just as much joy watching her :)!! Especially since DD will only participate in camp if we are there with her. The family welcome aboard party is the first night right after orientation in a lounge (it will be posted in the capers). The ice cream party will be a few days into the cruise. They also have some evening story times, kid talent show, build a bear (for a fee) and a few others during the week.

My parents have been on every cruise we have brought our daughters (ages 5 and 6) on. They go to every family activity with us and love every minute of it. Definately bring the grandparents along to each activity they will really enjoy participating. I would highly recommend going to the Welcome Aboard Party on the first night. The kids have a blast and they meet the other kiddos that will be in camp carnival with them. Hope you have a great cruise!:D

just wanted to mention- my girls are older and thoroughly enjoyed dinner with us in the main dining room at late seating- but they did miss out on camp carnival activities- so if you have early seating you will be all set

Archived