Honeymoon Summit CC booking question

AnneinSand

Hi everyone! I am about to book my honeymoon on Summit in March. I currently have cabin CC cabin 6143 (with the larger balcony and extra width) on hold online. However, should I go through a travel agent for booking the Honeymoon? My initial thinking is that I am perfectly capable of making my own arrangements... but then I am thinking that maybe since it's the honeymoon, the TA would be able to get us some extra perks? But couldn't I get those buy speaking directly with Celebrity? Also, what types, if any, fees would be added to the price with a TA? Or do they get their paychecks from kickbacks from the cruise lines and not the travelers? Also, would we lose the good cabin if we went through an agent?

So much to think about! I would LOVE any and all suggestions!

Hi everyone! I am about to book my honeymoon on Summit in March. I currently have cabin CC cabin 6143 (with the larger balcony and extra width) on hold online. However, should I go through a travel agent for booking the Honeymoon? My initial thinking is that I am perfectly capable of making my own arrangements... but then I am thinking that maybe since it's the honeymoon, the TA would be able to get us some extra perks? But couldn't I get those buy speaking directly with Celebrity? Also, what types, if any, fees would be added to the price with a TA? Or do they get their paychecks from kickbacks from the cruise lines and not the travelers? Also, would we lose the good cabin if we went through an agent?

My advice to you is book the cruise yourself directly with the cruiseline.The travel agent gets the commission from Celebrity.The pricing is the same.I've stayed in CC6143 and it is one of the best CC cabins on the ship.Before Celebrity set prices for everyone I used a travel agency but no more.If you see a reduction in your cruise price after you booked,just call Celebrity direct and you will get an adjustment in your cruise fare.

Some TA's give out perks such as pre-paid gratuities or on board credit. Some TA's charge fees, but the majority do not; they do receive commission from the cruise line. Always ask a potential TA about any fees they charge (i.e. booking fee, change fees, cancel fees) before committing to them.

I did my honeymoon with Celebrity and had a blast. Do not expect the cruise line to do much special for you though as hundreds (if not thousands) of guests are celebrating one occasion or another. They did do a little party one day for people celebrating honeymoons and anniversaries; they had a get-together in one of the lounges with cake and champagne and some senior officers attended. Other than that they did not do anything special for honeymooners. We did arrange though the activities director to be one of the couples on the Love & Marriage show which was a lot of fun.

We were on our honeymoon July 9th (Summit). I booked our cruise through a TA. If you book it through a good TA they will provide you with perks and some on board credits for drinks and stuff. Like its been said here. Don't expect the cruise line to roll out the carpet for you. The have 100's of celebrations going on every cruise. Also a good TA will watch and notify of any price changes. We received over $800 from reduced cost all from our TA calling us.

I respectfully disagree with both Gonzo and Silvercity about the cruise line not doing anything special or rolling out the red carpet.

I knew what my fiancee and I wanted. I knew our vision for an exciting fun filled honeymoon on the ship.

I contacted several executives in charge of different areas prior to boarding. Roughly, 5 months before boarding to be exact.

They worked with me to arrange many things for on board like dining with the Captain, touring the underbelly of the ship and etc.

I respectfully disagree with both Gonzo and Silvercity about the cruise line not doing anything special or rolling out the red carpet.

I knew what my fiancee and I wanted. I knew our vision for an exciting fun filled honeymoon on the ship.

I contacted several executives in charge of different areas prior to boarding. Roughly, 5 months before boarding to be exact.

They worked with me to arrange many things for on board like dining with the Captain, touring the underbelly of the ship and etc.

I hope they slowed the ship some for this snorkeling trip.:rolleyes:;)

We are also in 6143 next March. I used a TA a couple of times and will probably not use one again. We never got any perks from the TA even when we booked 4 rooms. With online booking you can get the same price as the TA and faster if the rates change after they close.

Congratulations:)

We are also in 6143 next March. I used a TA a couple of times and will probably not use one again. We never got any perks from the TA even when we booked 4 rooms. With online booking you can get the same price as the TA and faster if the rates change after they close.

Congratulations:)

I agree with Ozark. TA 's like to look like heroes but all they do is make a note on your reservation. The cruise line makes it actually happen.

Look at it this way - are you sailing with the cruise line or sailing with your TA? Enough said.

Thanks everyone!!! I went ahead and booked today with Celebrity. They 'put a note in my account' that it was going to be our honeymoon.

The booking agent also mentioned something about traveling under my married name... and bringing my marriage certificate since it won't match my passport. That all sounds like such a hassle! What's a few more days under my old name?? Any insight on that?

We are really excited about being in 6143. Well, I am. He doesn't know the difference since this will be his first cruise. He is going to be so spoiled by CC cabin service....

Book under your maiden name and avoid the hassles.

Specialforces12 is correct, use your maiden name. All your papers have your maiden name, it is a lot simpler. My daughter got married in June and went to Costa Rica using her maiden name no problems or questions.

When we went in March the only time we needed our passport was getting on the ship and back in San Juan getting off. The rest of the time it was in the safe.

• 1 month later...

We are going to be on the March 27th sailing. We get married on the 20th and are going to head to San Juan for a few days before the cruise, probably around the 23rd or 24th. Haven't gotten any of the planning for the land-leg of the trip yet though and would gladly take any suggestions. Probably going to go for either Intercontinental or La Concha (depending on hotwire/priceline luck, never used them before) but I haven't really looked into other options around Puerto Rico though.

We are very very excited though! My fiance has never been on a cruise so he is really in for a treat.

Guest maddycat

Congratulations on you upcoming wedding! What a terrific honeymoon trip. I'm sure that you'll have a great cruise. We're booked on the Summit for April 2010.

Archived