My Avatar

AHA!!!

Mamma is trying to pull a "Gaslight" on me!

For those of you too young to understand that, it is an old movie where Charles Boyer tries to make Ingrid Bergman think she is going mad in order to get her money.

Plot stolen by "Midnight Lace" where Rex Harrison tries to make Doris Day think she is going mad in order to get her money.

But Mamma, I have no money! icon_biggrin.gif

celtic

No Nancy, it's not you. My SO has imaginary conversations with me all the time. It seems to be a man thing.

He gets so mad when I look at him with a blank face as he goes on and on about how he ALREADY told me something.

Poor guy; losing his mind for sure.

celtic

I've still got the avatarity.com thingy. But I can see the seal if I do the following:-<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Right click on the avatar.<LI>Left click on Properties.<LI>Select (highlight) the URL of the picture (ends in .gif).<LI>Right click on the selected bit.<LI>Left click on Copy.<LI>Open a new browser window.<LI>Right click in the address bar.<LI>Left click on Paste.<LI>Press enter.<LI>Press refresh (F5).

That makes me think that the problem is one of those about hotlinking - the avatarity.com website is allowing you to call the picture file directly from your browser, but not when it's done from another webpage.

I see the avitar.com thing also. No seal!

<MARQUEE>Are you sailing on the Mariner 7/18/04?...Click here! icon_cool.gif

or HERE! icon_wink.gif

</MARQUEE>

Disney Wonder 3/2000 ~ Disney Magic 9/2000 ~ RCI Vision 2/2001 ~ Carnival Victory 12/2001 ~ Celebrity Millennium 3/2003 ~ RCI Adventure OTS 9/2003 ~ RCI Mariner OTS 7/18/2004 ~ RCI Serenade OTS 9/26/2004

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by celtic selke:

global,

I did all those things. Will that make it work now?

Or do I have to do more stuff?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>No, those instructions are for anyone else who can't see the seal. Nothing that you can do with your computer (other than e-mailing avitarity.com and asking them to fix the problem) is going to help anyone else, I don't think.

The funniest thing is that the e-mail notification of your post which I read through my AOL software showed the seal, as does using the Internet Explorer browser inside the AOL software, but a separate browser window (which I prefer) shows the avitarity.com thingy. Which just confirms, I think, that avitarity.com has a problem with sending the image in response to some requests but not others.

Archived