Western Caribbean shore excurions w/2 and 4 yr old...

2preschoolers

We'll have 5 adults and 2 kids (2 1/2 and 4 yrs old) and going to Cozumel, Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman. We would like to keep shore activities to a minimal cost and for the most part are happy just sitting on a beach and exploring the shopping area near the pier. (I've been on this itin before although it's been over 10 yrs....)

What would you recommend for us, having the 2 kids. None of my relatives have been to any of these places so I don't want them to miss out on something by just sitting on a beach. (Granted, gorgeous beach!)

For Cozumel we were thinking of just hanging at a nice beach - any recommendations? And maybe some shopping for my aunt and me!

For Grand Cayman - I've done the tour to Hell, Turtle Farm and Stingray City but not sure if little ones would enjoy that and i know that most of the others in our group wouldn't want to get in the water with stingrays anyhow....so what is recommended (and not too pricey) to do in Grand Cayman but still allow them to get the "feel" for the island?

And Jamaica - I'm guessing Dunns River is not good for little ones and we have someone in our group who doesn't balance too well so I don't think this is a good option. What abotu a tour of a plantation or the rain forest? Or best just to go to a beach for a day? Are there any beaches there that you don't have to pay $40+ per person to go to?

Thanks for any advice, tips, etc!!!

We have 5 adults and 1 four year old on our Western cruise next month.

In Cozumel, we are all going to Nachi Coccum for the day.

In Grand Cayman, 3 adults are going to Stingray City, and my husband and I are taking my son to a beach (either Royal Palms or Seagrape) on the local bus or via taxi.

In Jamaica, my son and I are staying on the boat for a fun day at the pool. The remaining adults may or may not get off the boat. They do not have anything specifically planned.

We specifically planned beach days for my son because I don't think he would do well on a tour.

We have 5 adults and 1 four year old on our Western cruise next month.

We specifically planned beach days for my son because I don't think he would do well on a tour.

That's what we were thinking too. I'm thinking possibly the other 3 adults may opt to do a tour if they'd like but I'm not sure there is anything (other than beaches) that would hold the interest of the little ones. ;)

For our cruise in Oct, DS will be 3.

Grand Cayman - we are thinking of doing Boatswains Beach. I haven't decided definitely, but that is what I am leaning toward.

Cozumel - We are planning on going to Mr Sanchos for a beach day.

Then we are headed to Belize and Roatan and haven't planned anything there yet.

For our cruise in Oct, DS will be 3.

Grand Cayman - we are thinking of doing Boatswains Beach. I haven't decided definitely, but that is what I am leaning toward.

Cozumel - We are planning on going to Mr Sanchos for a beach day.

Then we are headed to Belize and Roatan and haven't planned anything there yet.

What is Mr Sancho's?

Are there any FREE beaches you can still go to? Specifically in Cozumel or Grand Cayman.

THANKS

We visited Sea Grape Beach in Grand Cayman, which is free. HOWEVER, you must take a taxi or bus to get there. We found a guy with a mini-bus/van vehicle that was offering a really cheap fare to/from Sea Grape. But--we had to wait until all 20 seats of his vehicle was full.

CeleBrat

We visited Sea Grape Beach in Grand Cayman, which is free. HOWEVER, you must take a taxi or bus to get there. We found a guy with a mini-bus/van vehicle that was offering a really cheap fare to/from Sea Grape. But--we had to wait until all 20 seats of his vehicle was full.

CeleBrat

Thanks! I'll have to check out Sea Grape! My kids will love the name!

I did find a list of beaches for Cozumel - lists which ones require an enterance fee and which ones are swimmable, etc. So at least I'm getting somewhere with my research. ;)

Archived