Aft Balcony on AOS

I LOVE AFTS! We experienced our first last November on the NCL Dawn and now I am hooked! The views are the best and the balconies are longer and wider. We have another AFT booked on the Freedom of the Seas in November and I cant wait!!!

You are going to love it!

We decided to do our first aft balcony... its on deck 8 on the AOS...

has anyone any experience with the aft....? It's next to a big suite... is there any reason this isn't a good idea

Hubby loves the sea foam:D

CC

Click on my AOS review link for tons of pics of 1688/1388, two decks up. You will love the aft, it's the best sailaway from an island!

When my family went on Explorer this past Winter we stayed in an aft cabin and loved it also. We had a rather large balcony however the people above us could see right down to our chairs and we could see below to the people under us. Not much privacy on deck, but still a very cool view for sailing.

has anyone any experience with the aft....? It's next to a big suite... is there any reason this isn't a good idea

CC

Good location. Good balcony.

:)

Which room is it? I am booked in 8392 in October on the AOS. The only thing I am concerned about is people seeing our entire balcony from decks above. Anyone know if our entire balcony can be seen from above?

CC

It is an excellent idea! IMO, once in an aft balcony, it is hard to choose another.

Which room is it? I am booked in 8392 in October on the AOS. The only thing I am concerned about is people seeing our entire balcony from decks above. Anyone know if our entire balcony can be seen from above?
No, the entire balcony cannot be seen from above, I would say a little less than half of the end next to the railing. Deck 10 is ideal if you think this will bother you.

We're on the other side of the suites..... You'll just have to report back since you sail first:p

I just couldn't believe the price either.... It's one of the lease exp balconys we have booked in the last 6 yrs...

I'm glad some of the balcony is covered.... not that we partake in anything too risque ou there... but stll pajama breakfast need not an audience!!!!!!

CC

The only two things that I did not like on the AOS aft was:

1-Soot on the chairs some days....easily wiped off but annoying when you have nice clothing on and want to sit down

2-window washers cleaning the windows of the WJ and the water would come down on your balcony....we would leave things on the chairs and they were soaked....chairs then would need to be dried or you would get wet when you sit down on the chairs.

Other than those two annoyances, we loved our aft balcony. You can see a little more balcony when you lean over the rail on the AOS than when we were on the Serenade. That had more of an overhang above which made the balcony a bit more private. But we would choose an aft again as we loved sitting on the balcony watching the ship coming up to the island then again when we would leave.

Archived