Alaska transporation group

luvtacruise27

Has anyone used the "Alaska Transportation Group" for transfers from Anchorage over to Port Whittier?

Booked a Motor Coach (for 39) to take my group over. Hoping they are reliable. Any comments welcome.

Thanks,

Marilyn

Haven't used them, but they have a Better Business Bureau Rating of an F

http://www.bbb.org/alaska/business-reviews/transportation-services/alaska-transportation-group-in-anchorage-ak-22039020

We are a group of 6 who booked a van to take us from Talkeetna to Anchorage. After we booked we discovered the Alaska Transportation Group has an F rating with the BBB. We had already put down a deposit which we would lose if we cancelled. Besides there were very few options for transportation for 6 adults and all of our luggage. We needed a large passenger van. I am hoping we will not have a problem but will have a back up plan just in case. When are you using them? We have them booked for August 26th. Hopefully there are some good comments and not all bad ones.

Pam

We are a group of 6 who booked a van to take us from Talkeetna to Anchorage. After we booked we discovered the Alaska Transportation Group has an F rating with the BBB. We had already put down a deposit which we would lose if we cancelled. Besides there were very few options for transportation for 6 adults and all of our luggage. We needed a large passenger van. I am hoping we will not have a problem but will have a back up plan just in case. When are you using them? We have them booked for August 26th. Hopefully there are some good comments and not all bad ones.

Pam

I have read of some people who had satisfactory experiences with this company. Not everyone has had a bad experience, however, it is obvious that not everyone has had a good experience. I would suggest you call and confirm your reservation before you leave for Alaska. Then I would call again the day before you are planning to use them. Let's just hope you will be one of the luckier customers.

Pam

Please share your experience when you return.

I will definitely share my experience when we return. I agree with you about confirming and re-confirming with them. Will do that for sure. I too hope we are one of the lucky ones!

Pam

Haven't used them, but they have a Better Business Bureau Rating of an F

http://www.bbb.org/alaska/business-reviews/transportation-services/alaska-transportation-group-in-anchorage-ak-22039020

Hi,

That doesn't sound good. Our group of 4 was thinking about using this company because we want to get down to Whittier before 10AM to pick up boat tour at 11. By chance, can you offer any alternatives? We'll be staying in Anchorage the night before.

Thanks,

Bruce

Have you thought about renting a car one way to Whittier? I think from other posts you can do a one way rental with Avis. You might want to check this out. We are doing a one way rental from Anchorage to Seward.

Pam

Archived