Cabins

Redboat

Whenever we've booked a cruise, either through a travel agent (on-line) or direct with the cruise company, we've known what cabin we were in once the booking was made. As far as I'm aware, that's the normal experience.

I accept that this may not be true in the case of very late bookings, or for bookings of the 'guaranteed' type (though I don't think the latter are a significant part of the UK cruising market).

Have you not been told your cabin details?

Whenever we've booked a cruise, either through a travel agent (on-line) or direct with the cruise company, we've known what cabin we were in once the booking was made. As far as I'm aware, that's the normal experience.

I accept that this may not be true in the case of very late bookings, or for bookings of the 'guaranteed' type (though I don't think the latter are a significant part of the UK cruising market).

Have you not been told your cabin details?

The girlfriend booked it through a TA over the phone I think it was a guranteed balcony cabin but that was all she was told.

This will be our first cruise and I'm quite supprised at the lack of info we recieved (or didn't) all we got was the recipt for the deposit and the bill for the ballance (paid in full) 3 weeks ago

If you have booked a cabin on a "guarantee" basis, this means you will be allocated a cabin at the grade you booked or higher. You may find that if you go onto the P&O "cruise personaliser" that your cabin has already been allocated or you may have to wait until you get your tickets about 3 weeks before departure. Final payments have to be made to P&O eight weeks before departure so just after this time P&O will know who is going and who is not and then start allocating cabins. So keep checking your cruise personaliser around the end of August

Brian

Hi I noticed on the roll call for the Ventura 23/10/09 TA cruise a poster had been allocated their cabin.

Is this info sent to all passengers or do you need to contact P n O for it?

If its a late booking you may not find out your actaul cabin number till the tickets arrive

But which ever Cabin you have you will have a fantastic time if its your first cruise

Its after your first cruise you become perticular like the rest of us and decide to book early to get the exact cabin location you want the right dinner sitting and Tables for 2 ect

WARNING Cruising is addictive you have been warned:D

If its a late booking you may not find out your actaul cabin number till the tickets arrive

But which ever Cabin you have you will have a fantastic time if its your first cruise

Its after your first cruise you become perticular like the rest of us and decide to book early to get the exact cabin location you want the right dinner sitting and Tables for 2 ect

WARNING Cruising is addictive you have been warned:D

Thanks for the warning Soletread, we're both looking forward to it, never had the time to do it before now and fully intend to enjoy every second.

After 37 years at sea (commercial fishing) the other half thinks it'll be a "bussmans holliday" for me,,,,,,,, she has no idea that it'll be great to be looked after for a change

Thanks for the warning Soletread, we're both looking forward to it, never had the time to do it before now and fully intend to enjoy every second.

After 37 years at sea (commercial fishing) the other half thinks it'll be a "bussmans holliday" for me,,,,,,,, she has no idea that it'll be great to be looked after for a change

On the second Cruise we ever did we met a lovely retired couple from Scotland, he had been in the merchant Navy for 45 years and liked cruising becuase he missed the sea so much

He was a mind of wonderful imformation and facts about ships and ports of call

I'm sure you will love it, when people ask me about cruising I always say the first important factor is to be sure you like being at sea sounds silly I know but you would be amazed how many people you meet on cruises who say, Oh I didn't realize there would so much time on the ship and all you can see is the Ocean :eek: dooh

It always amazes and amuses me when people are surprised they can feel the ship actually moving!!! :D

We love being rocked to sleep at night.

Carol x

Oh so do I Carol

We had an aft cabin on Arcadia last year visiting the Fjords and North Cape the night we left Alesund we got a lovely roll on we called it the Arcadia Roll it went Bow, port, stern starboard very soothing

The best nights sleep I have had in years

Archived