How many people do AB Penthouses (Jewel) sleep?

yoyocruiser

I am a little confused. Everything I have read leads to beleive that 5 is the maximum number that can fit into an AB suite. I am booking the Jewel in January. However, when I put six people in, it will price it out and it appears that the reservation will take. I know from reading here that people indicate that 5 is fairly crowded in the AB. The issue however is that I am actually pretty sure that we will have 5 people--one of the four kids will inevitably not be able to come (they are all in college or graduate school and have various internships/travel abroad etc. that are related to their education). In fact we could end up with only four. Normally I cannot even consider booking a cruise for that very reason. However, with the very low cost of adding additional persons ($149) it seems worth it to me to go ahead and reserve the AB and include everyone--that way it is reserved (without waiting to figure out who can or cannot come for sure) and I don't have to worry about it.

I realize that I could wait and if needed reserve an inside room. This would actually add over $1000 to the cost--but that that's not my issue. My concern with doing that is that even though I would technically be paying more, it would appear to other people that I am trying to get perks for people (my two kids in the inside room) who don't deserve them. I would certainly want to give us the best shot at getting to eat and do things together.

I am inclined for all these reasons to just book the AB with six people, figure that at least one of my children will not be going, and I will know that we can all partake of the suite perks as a family. But what if all six of us end up going? Is it even POSSIBLE? (By the way, the college kids are small and they're campers etc. If I add up the square footage for three inside rooms the AB still is WAY bigger. And I'll add that I've spent a lot of time in inside tiny staterooms in total bliss.) But it still seems like a bit of a gamble.

Finally, I'm jsut wondering if it is a mistake that NCL is allowing six people to book in the room??

Any thoughts?

yoyocruiser

They may in fact be accepting reservations for 6 like the A3 on the Epic. NCL has added a sleeper sofa to all the ABs and A3s over the past year. That gives you the master queen for 2, the double sofa bed and Pullman in the small room for 3, and now the living room sleeper for # 6.

You could sleep 6 in an AB on the Jewel. You can fit 2 in the master, 1 on the fold out couch in the living room and 3 in the second bedroom (2 on the fold out bed 1 in the fold down).

We sailed in an AB on the Jewel with 5, 3 adults and 2 kids ansd it was fine. 6 would be a little cramped but very do-able IMHO.

Go for it and enjoy the AB and all that goes with it! ;)

Thanks folks for your kind replies. I am going to go ahead and book today so that I can stop worrying about this and start getting excited about it. If we're crowded I don't care--in previous times we have been four in an inside cabin. I'm glad to hear it is feasibly possible--even if we are a bit crowded. And this way we will be able to do everything together as a family without concern that someone is not deserving of a suite "perk". Hey, I'll be happy if all four kids can go--even if it does mean a bit of togetherness. I'm going to book TODAY! Thanks again.

yoyocruiser

Archived