First time Carnival Cruiser- Thanks to all

Hi All, We're newbies to Carnival and will be on the Pride this november to Port Canaveral and the Bahamas - Nassau & Freeport Port Lucaya.

What can you tell me about the Port Lucaya area beaches? How far to a nice beach, how much for taxis and is it safe?

Nassau I've been to but did a tour to blackbeards cove (think it was called) what beaches can we go to on our own either in walking distance or by bus/taxi and how much?

are there any hotels in cable beach that offer day passes and how much?

I've stayed at Sandals years back and LOVE their beach.

Ok.. Now for Port Canaveral.. Been to disney alot, how far to cocoa beach are we docked from that we can use their beach? would love recommendations for this port.

Thanks to all who'll answer this ..

Oh yea.... Restaurants on the pride... how's their main dining room food VS the Specialty Restaurant Steak house?

Buffet's - how are they?

I think you have to drive to Coco Beach to get to the beach, not really a beach in Port Canaveral. (its only like 5 miles away). The hotels on the ocean are not really that much recommended, not the best reivews, Best Western is one if I remember?

Days Inn in coco beach is right across from the public beach for instance and is a $4 shuttle away from the port.

Most stay at the Radisson or country Inn in Port Canaveral.

We've been to Nassau and Freeport twice on cruises. In Freeport, you will dock in an industrial area with taxis waiting to take you to Lucaya which is 20-30 minutes away. As I recall, taxi fare is about $10/pp each way. Yes, the taxis and Lucaya area are safe. There are two hotels(a Radisson and a ???) right across from the marketplace(this is where taxis will let you off). All beaches are public, and you can rent umbrellas and chairs. The beaches are fair(not the best of the bahamas beaches), but you will have a nice day. In Nassau, we reserve a room(1 night) at the Comfort Suites and it allows access to the Atlantis and all its' facilities. I have found that this is less expensive than obtaining "day passes" directly from the Atlantis. Each room reservation at the Comfort suites allows up to 4 passes to the Atlantis. However, when making the reservation, you need to list how many in the room(price of room fluctuates depending on # in room) in order to get the proper # of day passes. I had done a lot of research on what to do in Nassau and found this suited us best. The Atlantis was a great experience...The Big Dig, water park, beaches and just exploring the resort.

Actually there is a beach close to the port. This is a picture I took from one of our sailaways from Port Canaveral.

2097639770064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

Here's a link to the website for Jetty Park

http://www.jettypark.org/

Not sure how much time you have in Freeport, but we hired a driver for the day and went to Gold Rock Beach.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=542895&highlight=Queenie

Love the Pride, but have not sailed her in a few years. That class ship is my favorite however....have a wonderful cruise!

Welcome to Carnival. I love the Pride. As someone else said that's my favorite class of ship. Not too big and not too small.

I also love cruising in November.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Hi Gail,

I am in love with these pictures of Gold Rock beach...

My email is carriep563@yahoo.com

If you can send me an email I'd love to ask you some more questions regarding this port, taxis etc..

Thanks so much,

Carrie

Actually there is a beach close to the port. This is a picture I took from one of our sailaways from Port Canaveral.

2097639770064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

Here's a link to the website for Jetty Park

http://www.jettypark.org/

Not sure how much time you have in Freeport, but we hired a driver for the day and went to Gold Rock Beach.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=542895&highlight=Queenie

Love the Pride, but have not sailed her in a few years. That class ship is my favorite however....have a wonderful cruise!

Archived