Family of 6 in 2 rooms...

sjram

We want to book a cruise for our family. (Two adults and 4 kids-12, 9, 5, 3) I know I have to book 2 rooms but am looking for any advise on the cheapest way to break us up price wise. Do I do 3 and 3 or 4 and 2? Does it make a difference? I know I have to "book" one adult in each room. I would really like to have a balcony for one room but get a little nervous about having the kids in their own room. Do any Carnival ships have a balcony room with an ocean view connecting? I don't want the kids to have a balcony. I could also do a balcony with an interior across the hall. Has anyone put their older kids across the hall? Thanks for any ideas!

Carnival does have "connecting" rooms---where there's a door inside the rooms, so you don't have to go into the hallway to get to the kids.

It really won't matter how you divide up the family (for booking purposes)--it should come out to the same amount of money. Of course, both rooms will be the same---2 balconies or 2 insides, etc.... There are "child-locks" on the balcony.

There are a few ships that have a balcony (usually some sort of suite, tho!) that connects to a OV cabin (window only)....Sensation is one of them.

If you think about it, the kids will probably be closer across the hall (they are narrow!) than they are in their own bedrooms at home....

It is cheaper if you put 2 people in the balcony cabin and 4 in the interior room because the price for a 3rd or 4th person in a balcony room can be much more than the price for a 3rd or 4th in an interior room. At least this is true on Princess. I just booked my family of 6 that way for a 12 day Med cruise and the price for a 3rd in the Balcony room was almost $1000 more than for the interior room. A more expensive option is what we did last year. We got 2 balcony rooms on Princess in the Caribbean and the balconies connect so it is like having a connecting room. Last year our kids were 2, 4, 13, 15.

Debbie

Archived