Portoferraio tours

srosenz

Looking for information regarding booking a car/taxi with an English speaking driver for the day to see the hilights around this port: Napolean's summer residence, cable car up Mount Capanne, town of Marciana which is near Capanne and maybe the towns of Poro Azzurro and Capoliveri. We are two couples on the Windstar Oct. 4 cruise from Rome to Barcelona.

srosenz@comcast.net

When we were in Elba four years ago, there were plenty of taxis at the port. Just walk around until you find one that speaks English and he'll take you all around this small lovely island. We paid 50 Euros per hour (two couples), not cheap but worthwhile. After two hours of touring by car, we walked the town, including the fort on the hill with its beautiful views.

We will be in Elba again on Sept. 19 aboard the Prinsendam. I'll report back after that.

I have a feeling the rate is even higher now. I would be very interested in getting your feedback after you return. We leave on October 2 from California. We're taking the Windsurf from Rome to Barcelona - Elba is our first stop and we have the whole day in port. It might be easier if you just contact me directly when you get back.

SROSENZ@COMCAST.NET

It might be easier if you just contact me directly when you get back.

SROSENZ@COMCAST.NET

As I noted on one of your posts on another forum, this site's success comes from members sharing their experiences on the boards for all members to see, not through private e-mails. I hope toots will post his/her experience here after the cruise.

Thanks!

Karen

HostKaren@CruiseCritic.com

Archived