Katakolon train to area wineries

jsmc4

We are going to be in Katakolon from 7am-2 pm in September. I know there is a train to Olympia but we are more interested in visiting a local vineyard and sampling some local wine. Does anyone know if the train would get us within walking distance of a winery? Also. I I'd love a link to the train schedule if there is one out there. Thank you very much!

The train will not get you to walking distance to the main winery in the area which is the 'Mercouri Estate' (www.mercouri.gr). They are open weekdays from 9-2 and Saturdays from 9-1pm for group or individual visits. If you decide to not go with an organised tour your best bet is renting a car or moped, the estate is only about 10-15 minutes drive from Katakolon, but definately too far to walk. I dont think there is a bus that goes out that way either, so it is either an organised tour, rent your own or a taxi trip.

For the summer 2009 train schedule and a couple of other suggestions on things to do check out http://www.travelsingreece.com/trips/katakolon/[url=http://www.travelsingreece.com/trips/katakolon/][/url]

The Katakolon taxi cabal charges 40 Euros per hour, so I suggest that you rent a car from Katakalo-Rent-a-Car right across the street from the dock.

We paid 40 Euros for an automatic from the easy, 30-minute drive to Olympia last September, and it was great being on our own schedule. (The museum there is top notch.)

Archived