Register with US Embassy

Born4Travlin

I thought I would post this URL for anyone who is interested and is as nervous as I am about surrendering my passport to the Cruise Line for International Travel. In speaking with the US Embassy, they encouraged me to register on line which ports I would be visiting in case of an emergency, lost or stolen passport, or any unforeseen problems that might arise while ashore/abroad. They also warn against surrendering your passport at Oversees Hotels, which may ask for them.

I thought it was a great idea so I am passing it along. There are good contact numbers as well under "Conact Us".

https://travelregistration.state.gov

I thought I would post this URL for anyone who is interested and is as nervous as I am about surrendering my passport to the Cruise Line for International Travel. In speaking with the US Embassy, they encouraged me to register on line which ports I would be visiting in case of an emergency, lost or stolen passport, or any unforeseen problems that might arise while ashore/abroad. They also warn against surrendering your passport at Oversees Hotels, which may ask for them.

I thought it was a great idea so I am passing it along. There are good contact numbers as well under "Conact Us".

https://travelregistration.state.gov

My TA recommended this as well. Sounds like a great idea.

Hi!

We have been registering our trips for years, in fact I discuss that on our personal travel website as not only do we cruise but we travel off the beaten path in land travel.

Personally, the 10 cruises we have sailed on throughout Europe have NOT kept our passport.

Nor would I let them. They can have a copy and if they need it for a clearance that morning I want it back when I leave the ship

There are many countries throughout the world that you are legally required to have the passport ON YOUR BODY

...not a copy of it.

We also make several copies of our passport...one stays on the ship in our safe, and each of us carries a copy of the others passport in a seperate area of our daypack in case we are ever pick pocketed (even as savvy travelers, it was just attempted on us in Athens on the crowded metro)

You can also find out that information on the state departments website under each country

If you would like to read some of our tips and suggestions on staying safe and healthy when you travel

check out our journal entry on the subject here....

http://ourpassportstamps.com/Health_and_Safety.html

These are excellent ideas. Just like you post your passport page on-line we also have a single sheet that lists important phone numbers like the number for lost credit cards report (if you loose the card there goes the number), Dr. numbers, prescription list and bank account numbers/atm in a coded list. We also have elders in nursing home and the numbers for their doctors and others we would have to notify.

How did we ever live before you can post all your stuff and get it when necessary.

Archived