How is the deposit calculated?

jt58203

Just wondering how the deposit amount is calculated. Looking at January 2010 departures. A 5-night Western Caribbean deposit is $100 pp. A 7-night Eastern Caribbean is $250 pp. A 9-night Bahamas is $450 pp. Is there any rhyme or reason in calculating this? I tried looking on Celebrity's website but only found info regarding final payment dates.

Just wondering how the deposit amount is calculated. Looking at January 2010 departures. A 5-night Western Caribbean deposit is $100 pp. A 7-night Eastern Caribbean is $250 pp. A 9-night Bahamas is $450 pp. Is there any rhyme or reason in calculating this? I tried looking on Celebrity's website but only found info regarding final payment dates.

I think most cruise lines base their deposit amount on the length of the cruise. As you said- a cuise 5 nights or less the deposit is only $100 pp, $250 pp on a cruise 6-9 nights and anything over 9 nights requires a deposit of $450 pp....They also require you to pay the full amount earlier for a longer cruise and you therefore have less time to cancel without penalty.

I think most cruise lines base their deposit amount on the length of the cruise. As you said- a cuise 5 nights or less the deposit is only $100 pp, $250 pp on a cruise 6-9 nights and anything over 9 nights requires a deposit of $450 pp....They also require you to pay the full amount earlier for a longer cruise and you therefore have less time to cancel without penalty.

You might want to look into some of their specials. Often they will give you a chance to only pay 1/2 of the deposit amount. They are desperate for sales.

UK deposit is miles simpler.

£150pp (about $250) irrespective of cruise length, age or destination

But we never lose ours if we decide to cancel or have buyer's remorse.

Archived