Scuba at Cane Bay - what to do for non-diving wife?

jtonra

I'm thinking about spending our port day scuba diving at Cane Bay. It looks like Cane Bay Dive Shop is setup pretty well to handle cruise divers (transportation, etc) but what about my non-diving wife? Is the beach at Cane Bay a nice beach to hang out for the day while I'm diving? Is it safe? Are there facilities there like chairs, food, drinks, bathrooms, etc? Any input would be appreciated.

Cane bay is nice for snorkelling too, if she enjoys it. There is a beach shack with food and drink on the sand, and a restaurant with facilities across the street. It is a nice sandy beach with some shade trees set back by the roadside. Can't comment on chair rentals, perhaps another local will chime in, or maybe ask the dive vendor?

Cane Bay is a popular beach, so she will not be alone on an isloated stretch of sand. It's a good spot for a mixed diving couple (erm, thats a diver and non- diver, lol), and she should have a lovely beach day. Hope your diving is grand, and that someone can answer about chairs.

• 2 weeks later...

Cane bay is a great area. Two years ago we went there for a week. My sons scuba dove with the Cane Bay dive shop all week. I would take them and then hang out at the beach snorkeling and reading and cooling off in the water. If this is the kind of thing your wife likes to do, then she will be fine there at Cane Bay. The dive shop rented me a chair for the day. Can't remember how much, but reasonable. The beach is sandy and has shade. It is right next to the road. Directly across the road is the bar/restaurant/dive shop. The restaurant has good food and restrooms. Also at that time there was another small beach bar west of the beach area, don't remember the name. Don't remember if I got any pictures, but will look and post some for you this weekend.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Chairs are $10, snorkel gear set $12 from Cane Bay Dive. The beach bar/restaurant called Spratnet which is on the beach to the left when facing the water also has these items.

Cane Bay is a nice beach, soft white sand, the treeline provides a little shade. The treeline is close to the road and people park on the roadside so its not an isolated spot or anything. The water is typically super clear, like a swimming pool. Of course this can be affected by weater/sea conditions. It deepens gradually and is usually calm. Its nice for swimming and good for snorkeling.

--Islander

Archived