Splitting the bill for a cabin?

bonniltc

If you have two friends sharing a cabin, can they be billed seperately for all of their expenditures and service charges, or does both of their charges go on one bill?

Yes when you check in tell them there are separate credit cards and they will apply to each cabin key individually. We do it all the time.

I have always cruised solo or with friends. At embarkation, they will ask each person which credit card they want to use for their onboard account. Very easy, don't worry. The only things that I think of and that they might bill to the wrong person are items from the bar (they don't know who took it) and wine bottle corkage fee. My friend and I had brought a few bottles with us and it all showed up on my account, we arranged it between ourselves but I guess you could go to the purser's desk and ask it to be split.

I have always cruised solo or with friends. At embarkation, they will ask each person which credit card they want to use for their onboard account. Very easy, don't worry. The only things that I think of and that they might bill to the wrong person are items from the bar (they don't know who took it) and wine bottle corkage fee. My friend and I had brought a few bottles with us and it all showed up on my account, we arranged it between ourselves but I guess you could go to the purser's desk and ask it to be split.

Or make your friend buy you a few drinks:D

When you check in they will ask and if you want anyone else to charge to your card, you have to sign a paper allowing it. I even have to sign to allow my wife to use the card even though her name is on it. :rolleyes:

If you have two friends sharing a cabin, can they be billed seperately for all of their expenditures and service charges, or does both of their charges go on one bill?

No problem - we have done this several times - you just present two (or more) credit cards when you check in. My husband and I - had one bill our friend had another.

The only complication was I booked all the excursions - so all excursion charges appeared on our card - not a big deal and I imagine you could get around this by booking any excursions separately.

When you check in they will ask and if you want anyone else to charge to your card, you have to sign a paper allowing it. I even have to sign to allow my wife to use the card even though her name is on it. :rolleyes:

hmmm - hope my wife doesn't see this post - if I 'forget' to sign the paper allowing my wife to charge then I'll have to be there any time she wants to charge something?

hmmm - hope my wife doesn't see this post - if I 'forget' to sign the paper allowing my wife to charge then I'll have to be there any time she wants to charge something?

Sorry. It's hard to forget. They'll ask her what she wants to use for charges. There has to be something if only for the daily service charge. :)

Sorry. It's hard to forget. They'll ask her what she wants to use for charges. There has to be something if only for the daily service charge. :)

I'll have to try and distract her when they are asking that. "Look over there, a pirate!"

To add to this, this past Oct on the Pearl they did something I had never experienced with NCL in the past. Either the first night or the First morning of the cruise they placed a letter in our cabin stating that Doug was authorized to charge on my OBC and that this letter was just to let me know he was authorized just to make sure their records were correct. The letter instructed me to go to the front desk if that was incorrect and they would remove him from having the ability to charge to our OBC. At the time I figured they must have gotten burned some how too many times and had started putting that in all cabins.

Archived