Star cabin question...

travelgirl101

I know these are obstructed views, but I'm trying to find out just how obstructed this particular one really is. (I tried to pick one right between the life boats.)

My family is sailing in July, but my younger sister and her husband can't afford any higher category...

There is a picture on webshots. If you go to webshots and do a search on "obstructed and ncl star" you will see a shot of a similar cabin. I don't know how to do a link :rolleyes: ...sorry. Unfortunately it is hard to tell what the view out the windows is like. We had a cabin between two lifeboats on Princess and we could see the ocean and some scenary and the sky. We could at least tell if it were day or night, rainy or sunny and could see a good view that was just partially blocked by some lifeboats. We went for this cabin for the price too!! We saved alot of money compared to the unobstructed cabin prices. As long as I can see daylight I am happy. Sorry I don't have more info...hopefully one of the other folks here will have an answer for both of us. :)

• 2 years later...
Has anyone sailed in cabin 8108 on the Star?

I had friends (husband, wife, two teen daughters) who were in 8096 in 2005. I was in their cabin once, yes you can see between the lifeboats, but you don't have much perifrial vision. Only straight ahead.

How many of you are there in the cabin? They didn't like the cabin because of the set-up of beds with four of them. (one up on a bunk, the third in a pullout bed between the other two.) There was no way to get between the beds when the third one was up and you had to climb out the end of the bed. The poor person in the bunk was basically trapped. My friend equated it to three people sleeping in one big bed together......

Hello dosi,

I know this is an old post, but I see that you had room 8086 in in May of 2005. Do you have any pictures? Was your window fully obstructed. We will be sailing on NCL Star in February on Deck 8.

I am sorry I can't help you with this. We were orig in 8086, but were able to do an upsell and ended up in a balcony instead!!!. I can tell you that I have had many obstructed view cabins and have always been able to see water and sky and daylight. You might have to bend sideways, stand on tip toe, or some other type of contortion but you will likely be able to see something!!!

About a month prior to sailing I noticed that there were a lot of balcony cabins available and the price had gone down quite a bit. I called my agent who then called NCL badgered them a bit. We were able to pay to upgrade to a balcony. Since we were going to Alaska it was very well worth it!!!

Archived