Guarantee Cabins Success stories

You beat me, I got the bottom deck, the very last aft cabin, all the way in the back. This was on Triumph, cabin 2478?? cant remember, but its a OV and larger than a Inside, so we will still enjoy having it, just wish it wasnt the very last cabin in the aft with all the vibration.

Cant believe it. lol

Not sure this is a success story, but we got upgraded for a price drop that our TA wouldnt give us to a Empress deck 4E HC cabin. We loved that location and getting a HC. We havent yet asked for HC, but its coming one day.

I thought I knew most of the acronyms used here, but....what does "HC" stand for?

Edited to add: Oh, duh! Never mind! "Handicapped".....I was thinking HC was for TWO words....

what is an 8a vs 8e ?

A category 8 is a balcony..An 8A is the lowest deck of balconies and an 8E is the 5th deck of balconies on a higher deck, on a Conquest class it is the Panorama deck, above the lido.

:cool:

Well the thread asked for only the good stories, didnt ask for those who didnt get upgraded or who were not happy lol, yep, those are the majority, these are the good exceptions.

Perhaps you should have read this:

Originally Posted by deannasch viewpost.gif

"Has anyone originally been assigned a room, then been moved to an upgrade right before sailing? We currently have a 4D, and didn't know what the chances were of being moved."

Which is the question I was answering. [And I'm the judgemental one! Hah!]

Perhaps you should have read this:

Originally Posted by deannasch viewpost.gif

"Has anyone originally been assigned a room, then been moved to an upgrade right before sailing? We currently have a 4D, and didn't know what the chances were of being moved."

Which is the question I was answering. [And I'm the judgemental one! Hah!]

Im like huh??? Its not like I disagree with you?? Totally lost and clueless what your answer means, maybe you misread my post?? :confused:

I see you are quoting me, but can't figure out what you think I meant.

what I said was what you said .... just pointing out that the OP only asked for good stories, when you said people arent posting all the unsuccessfull guarantees they have had, i.e. yep, upgrades out of category are especially rare in my book too.

good thing I agree with you, no telling what you would have posted back??!! Maybe I was being too smart alecky and thats why you misunderstood that I agreed with you.

Im like huh??? Its not like I disagree with you?? Totally lost and clueless what your answer means, maybe you misread my post?? :confused:

I see you are quoting me, but can't figure out what you think I meant.

what I said was what you said .... just pointing out that the OP only asked for good stories, when you said people arent posting all the unsuccessfull guarantees they have had, i.e. yep, upgrades out of category are especially rare in my book too.

good thing I agree with you, no telling what you would have posted back??!! Maybe I was being too smart alecky and thats why you misunderstood that I agreed with you.

Don't feel bad, I wasn't getting it either and he quoted my post as well.

This may be a stupid question, but you do have to choose between the GTY stateroom category vs. the Early Saver rate, right? If booking early, doesn't the ES still make the most sense for savings? I love the idea of getting bumped up a category, but ES is still cheaper and I can pick my cabin.

Wondering what others think on this topic.

This may be a stupid question, but you do have to choose between the GTY stateroom category vs. the Early Saver rate, right? If booking early, doesn't the ES still make the most sense for savings? I love the idea of getting bumped up a category, but ES is still cheaper and I can pick my cabin.

Wondering what others think on this topic.

Well, the issue is if you want to gamble and roll the dice with the higher priced guarantees, or pick a cabin, where you have to pay for each deck you upgrade to. To upgrade to the 4E the OP got on her inside guarantee, would probably have been as least $20 per deck, so approx $80 pp or more per person.

So, who got a better assignment, you or your TA. You said you were wondering if being a TA would make a difference (I doubt it).

I just called her. She still is TBA ...she needs a quad( I had a an inside triple and balcony double). I can not wait to hear what she gets. I am OK with my assignment, but if she gets a balcony from her inside guarantee...I am going to be mad! ;)

I'm not sure who your referring to with the inside gty to balcony BUT WE booked a balcony guarantee...

I'm expecting the worst and PRAYING for the best. We also use an online agency whom I/We are very happy with.

I just called her. She still is TBA ...she needs a quad( I had a an inside triple and balcony double). I can not wait to hear what she gets. I am OK with my assignment, but if she gets a balcony from her inside guarantee...I am going to be mad! ;)

lol well let us know.

Does the class of the ship also affects the result of the guarantee cabin? I have read somewhere that in the Spirit class, because there are so few inside cabins available, the odds of getting bump up to an outside is quite good as compare to the fantasy class ships. Is that true?

good question

Does the class of the ship also affects the result of the guarantee cabin? I have read somewhere that in the Spirit class, because there are so few inside cabins available, the odds of getting bump up to an outside is quite good as compare to the fantasy class ships. Is that true?

Well, the issue is if you want to gamble and roll the dice with the higher priced guarantees, or pick a cabin, where you have to pay for each deck you upgrade to. To upgrade to the 4E the OP got on her inside guarantee, would probably have been as least $20 per deck, so approx $80 pp or more per person.

Do you still get credits if the price goes down?

Archived