High Pockets was fantastic!

cruzfvr

Just got off the 12/18 Holiday cruise aboard the Caribbean Princess.

We booked with Kathleen on High Pockets for a daysail on St. Thomas.

The ship was very nice, and Kathleen and Bill took great care of us. We sailed to Christmas Island, swam to shore for beachcombing, and snorkeling. But, for the most part, we just sailed around and enjoyed the scenery and day.

For lunch, Kathleen made us a delicious pasta dish, with bread and Bill's saiad, and her homemade rum cake (she even emailed the recipes). We were also served breads and juice in the morning.

All in all, we had a wonderful time, and would book again in a heartbeat!

I have booked with Kathleen for our february 05 cruise and she sounds like alot of fun.

I have a few questions about getting to Redhook...

Did you have any problems getting to the taxi and getting there on time?

We arrive @8am ship time but I think the time on St. Thomas will be 9:00 am

So that gives us a half hr to get there... Will it be a problem?

Looking forward to hearing from you.....

P.S. Any other tid bits you can give would be great..

Thank You

Hi Whiskeyman. We just got back from doing our daysail with the Alaunt on Christmas Day. The Alaunt goes out of Redhook at the same place as Highpockets.

Our ship changed it's time the night before we entered St. Thomas so I wonder if your 8:00 arrival time will be the St. Thomas time?

Anyway, there were taxis everywhere when we disembarked and it only took about 2 minutes for them to fill. The taxis taking people to the ferry for St. John go right by the American Yacht Harbor dock you will be going to so it is no problem for one to fill up with either other daysailers or people ferrying over to St. John. The taxis cost $8/pp to American Yacht Harbor at Redhook. It took about 15-20 minutes to get to the dock.

You are in for a wonderful treat! This was the most wonderful day we have had in years and I can't recommend it highly enough. Have a great time!

Lisa

Whiskeyman, I've been to St. Thomas several times on different HAL ships. HAL changes over to island time. There will be a notice in the daily program and also a card placed on your pillow by your cabin steward reminding you to change your clocks forward (or back) on the appropriate nights. If you are due to arrive at 8:00am, the ships clocks will all show 8:00 and the island clocks will all be 8:00. You should have no problem at all grabbing a cab and getting to Redhook by 9:30. Have fun!

Whiskeyman~ Our ship was on island time, so it wasn't a problem for us. Also, Kathleen emailed us right before our cruise to let us know she had a driver (Wally) that would pick us up at the dock and take us to Redhook. Wally is a great guy, and he gave us a little tour on the way (we have been there before, but it was nice anyway). Then Wally picked us up right after the sail on High Pockets (he was waiting for us). This was nice not having to worry about getting a taxi to/from. Wally has a nice air conditioned van.

You are going to enjoy your daysail with Kathleen. Have a great cruise!

~Debbi

Archived