How long a walk to various sting ray/snorkling tours?

ladycaveat

I really want to do one of the sting ray/snorkling excursions while on the Cayman Islands but am worried about how far one must walk to get to where the tour begins. I've read that most tours are just a few blocks away . . . which, for most, wouldn't be a problem. However, while I'm fine in the water . . . walking is sometimes a bit of a problem with a knee that sometimes doesn't want to do what I want it to do. Are there any tours that meet where the ships come in that don't require a lot of walking?

Captain Marvin's office is about 3 blocks from the cruise pier. Captain Bryan's "office" is about 4 blocks from the cruise pier (where the tenders unload). It's not the easiest walk as the sidewalks are very narrow. From the pier you walk to your left along the waterfront. I don't know about Captain Marvin picking up at the pier but I know that Captain Bryan does NOT pick up at the pier but does drop you back at the pier afterwards. We used Captain Bryan this Dec and it was wonderful. His catamaran holds up to 35 people but there were only SIX people on our tour. I highly recommend Captain Bryan. He has a morning tour and an afternoon tour. Since all ships tender into Grand Cayman and the waters can sometimes be rough and tendering delayed, I'd recommend the afternoon excursion, especially if your ship will not leave until 5:00 or after. Also, be aware that Cayman is on eastern standard time. Make sure you know ship time/vs local time when you disembark.

just got back from Caymans and did the snorkel/stingray city tour with Capt. Bryan. There were only 9 people on our catamaran and the walk isn't bad - yes, narrow, but smaller blocks than in the states and very safe. We felt very comfortable walking around the town. We also took the afternoon tour - left around 12:30 (for 1:00 tour) and they dropped us back at the pier at 4:00 (and the last tender was 5:00). They are very aware of getting you back in time and asked when the last tender was on the bus ride to the boat.

Short bus ride to the boat and we could see a little bit more of the town since we didn't have time to shop and see 7 mile beach/turtle farm (we chose to shop). It was amazing seeing the boats filled with people and with only 9 we all got to hold/feed and spend quite a bit of time with the stingrays. It is an amazing experience. We wish would would have not done the snorkeling and just spent even more time with the stingrays!

Thanks ya all . . . Cruise Mark, looks like it's going to be Nativeway. I get so mad on those days that my knee rules my world and for all I know, on the day I'm in Cayman, I may be able to walk for miles. Just don't want to take any chances . . . .

Archived