St Vincent Help

Megcruise

It has been some years since we've last been there, but I'm sure that the Botanical Gardens are still worth a (guided) visit (contains a decendent of the Breadfruit trees from Mutiny on the Bounty), and there is an interesting fort very near town, as well as several churchs of interest.

There is also Fort Duvernette, on its own tiny island, but it was in such bad condition when we were there that we didn't even attempt to climb the steps to the top, even though it would have provided a dramatic shot of our ship, The Star Clipper, at anchor.

If you have time, perhaps a visit to the market, although you may be a little late in the day for that.

Did you realize that this is where much of the movie Pirates of the Caribbean was filmed?

I will add that the nearby Tobago Cays is about the most beautiful place that I have ever been!

Edited to add a good link I found here on Cruise Critic under Caribbean - Other.

Hi Megcruise! I answered another poster about St. Vincent on the "Caribbean - Other" port of call board....we took the St. Vincent Garden Tour offered by our ship, Sun Princess, and enjoyed it thoroughly. I've got more details on the "Caribbean - Other" posting. I also found some information about St. Vincent (but not very much) by looking back through older postings. St. Vincent was beautiful, but seemed very poor. They had a nice newer pier and a little shopping area right on the pier.

Archived