Favorite ship in the conquest class?

outdrbik

We went on the Glory Eastern Caribbean last year and fell in love with it.

This year my wife is thinking of going on a cruise with some girlfriends...she definately wants to stay in the Conquest class but was thinking of trying a different boat. Needs to be something that goes out of Florida.

What are your fav. destinations? Eastern or Wester Caribbean?

This year my wife is thinking of going on a cruise with some girlfriends...she definately wants to stay in the Conquest class but was thinking of trying a different boat. Needs to be something that goes out of Florida.

Freedom cuz I'm leaving Sat :D

We are doing the 8day E. Carib.

DW and I have sailed Glory 3 times (Canaveral is easier for us to get to), but our favorite is Liberty out of Miami. Staff, ship decor, everything seems better. We also love Western better than Eastern, but no particular reason.

Can't comment on the ships b/c I have only done the Valor. But for iten. - can't beat going Western as there is so much to do from ruins, to beachs, to cave tubing, to snorkeling, to sting rays, to dolphins. We loved it so much we did it back to back years.

Freedom cuz I'm leaving Sat :D

We are doing the 8day E. Carib.

Please, please, PLEASE make sure you write a detailed review!! :D I'm going in February, and as I'm sure you've noticed, there are very few reviews of the 8 day Eastern! :) Have a super time!!!

I've been on the Liberty (Bahamas & Western), Valor (Eastern) and Conquest (Western), so far...sailing the Glory ("Exotic" Western) in January 2010, and hope to hit the Freedom in 2011, but I think my first Conquest class ship is my fave, the Liberty.

As for itinerary, anything where there's scuba diving, I'm happy...fortunately, that tends to be all itineraries! cheers2.gif I'd like to do a Southern as well...and since the Miracle will be heading to Aruba/Curaçao over the next couple of years, I may get that wish sooner rather than later! :D

I've been on the Liberty, Valor and Conquest, so far...sailing the Glory in January 2010, and hope to hit the Freedom in 2011, but I think my first Conquest class ship is my fave, the Liberty.

As for itinerary, anything where there's scuba diving, I'm happy...fortunately, that tends to be all itineraries! cheers2.gif

It's my goal to be certified by my 40th birthday, otherwise we're taking a trip specifically for the reason over my actual birthday. They have the classes around here, though they're NOT CHEAP, and then I've heard you can go and get your open water dives at resorts in the Caribbean. I've got 5 years to get this done! :)

Awesome! It is a totally incredible experience! If I were you, I would complete my certification locally and enjoy my dives in the Caribbean, honestly. Who wants to take a trip to the Caribbean and be worried about completing diving skills...I'd much rather worry about the skills in my local lake, river or spring where there isn't as much to see, then thoroughly enjoy my time diving in the big blue while on vacation! :D Just my 2¢ though. There are a lot of folks who do the referral dives.

Depending on which itinerary you are doing on the Glory, you might do quite well to get certified in the couple of weekends that it seems to take these days and dive, dive, dive on the ports from the Glory. That is why I booked the "Exotic" W. Caribbean itinerary on the Glory...all phenomenal diving spots! cheers2.gif Happy Cruising (and diving)!

PS - as for cheap, that is all relative. I know that my diving certification cost less than $300 for two weeks worth of classes with my qualification dives done locally. I think (not sure, so don't quote me) that referral qualification dive courses cost more. thumbup.gif

Archived