Astwood Cove in Warwic

Skyhawk61

Did a Google Image search ( http://images.google.com/imghp?hl=en&tab=wi ) for astwood cove Bermuda and got 613 hits. Place looks very interesting. May have to add it to our ‘to do’ list for our next visit. It is located on South Rd. adjacent to Warwick Long Bay Beach. A route #7 bus (or taxi) will get you there from the Dockyard or Hamilton.

The swimming can be dangerous there. I wouldn't recommend it. Its not the cleanest park either. Lots of dog stuff around when we were there. The beach area itself is very small. Difficult to get down to. We wouldn't return.

My wife and I went there a few years back after there had been a storm that tore out any means of getting down to the beach. We are rock climbers so we scrambled down and had the whole place to ourselves. One of my favorite places on earth. As stated above if the water is rough it is not a good place to swim, but you sure won't have crowds like at horseshoe bay. I say well worth the trip.

Archived