Upsell? when do the calls/emails come??

ronkay

They called my home number first, got the machine, and then immediately called my cell (which I didn't even realize I'd given them) so they do try to get ahold of you apparently. I had never gotten THE CALL before (probably because we usually have multiple cabins booked) and was driving. Of course I had no way to look at the deck plans and I didn't want to loose the upgrade but they do give you time to consider it and discuss what's available. I called them back as soon as I had the computer in front of me and was still able to pick between several choices later that day. Just so everyone knows that you probably don't have to take it or leave it on the spot.

I'm glad they called your cell after missing you at home. I had a missed call in December when we drove to New Orleans. They did not call my cell so that was why I only listed cell this time. :D The crazy thing is on Wednesday the ship had no available cabins - my PVP checked. When they called on Friday night they said they had a cancelation (I asked if they had a better cabin than what they offered and they claimed it was the only one). I would guess the cancelation was due to TS Ana scare.

I went from a 1A to a 6C for $80 for 2 people. This was less than a 4A was originally when I booked (I had a $50 welcome home discount - so I blew that savings with the upsell). I figured it was worth it for my son to not have to climb a ladder (he had foot surgery 8 months ago). But had gone the cheap route orginially just to see if we could tolerate a 1A.

(And it was my son's first exterior cabin)(I think he prefers the interior - he likes a dark room!)(But it was a way to see)

• 2 weeks later...

I just got the call tonight and we sail in 10 days... We booked 2 4C Inside rooms right next to each other and we were just offered 2 8H extended balcony rooms, also next to one another, for an additional $100 per person.

I thought this was a great deal ...from an inside to an extended balcony room for just $100 each!! Last year we were offered a Cat 12 Suite and we took that offer too...

These were the only two times we were offered an upsell and both times were were sailing on the Miracle out of NYC.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got an upsell call today.We sail on Oct 4th on the Legend. We have booked an 8G and the upsell was for a suite, apparantly the only quad they have and since we have 4 in this cabin (2 in the other). He wanted $720 total, I thought it was too pricey. What do you experts out there think? ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I need advice! I just called the ocmpany i booked my cruise with, where the person MARY who booked it for me no longer works.....I spoke to a guy and asks to be added to the upsell call list....he sounded like I asked for something that doesnt exist. He said carnival doesnt relaly do those, only other cruiselines do. He said hed add it to my account notes and if they get faxes then he can see???????? What????????? Is it that they will make no money off it, can I call carnival direct? I know I saved a lot booking with this company, but I see why people deal directly with Carnival...lesson learned! I know you guys are going to say that I should have told him they DO call for upsells, OFTEN! But he seemed very unknowledgable!

We are on the Liberty 10/30 for our anniversary. We received our one and only call ever ( I think this is our 8th cruise) on Friday! Very excited... we are going from a suite to a penthouse suite.:o:o:o

There isn't any "upsell" list. Upsells are not a usual part of the booking process. Occasionally, if the ship is not filling up as quickly, Carnival might offer such a thing - in which case they call you, you don't call them.

I completed my 67th cruise this year on Carnival....and I've received ONE upsell call......in 30 years...and that was 2 years ago...and I declined.

I have been upgraded once in a while, complimentary but I think that might have more to do with being Concierge level than anything else..Don't know that for sure..I'm just happy when it happens.

If you work with an agency, it's up to them to pass upsell information on to you...they may, or may not..depending upon their policy.

Archived